“Amazing Roof Top Patio”
Review of Black + Blue

Black + Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Black + Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Description: The magic of a classic steakhouse, but with a decidedly contemporary twist. In-house aged rare cuts of beef, tableside Caesar salads, flambes, flaming coffees, and more. While he may find it familiar, it's definitely not your Daddy's steak house!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been to Black and Blue before and wasn't impressed with the food. The ambiance and service was great but my meal was just okay. I went back because I was eager to enjoy the patio and I had a large group of friends going. It was a fantastic evening. Emily our server was wonderful. It was a busy night and we were a demanding group so I was impressed with her smile and genuine interest in making sure we were happy. I had the Kusshi oysters. Unfortunately the 'shucker' did a terrible job and didn't cut the tongue (I think this is what it was called?!) Emily got me a new batch right away even though I said it was okay. I also had the Boulabaise and a green salad (I'm not eating animal proteins right now). So even though I was at a place that is known for it's steak I would say my experience with the seafood was much better than my last experience with the beef! All in all a great time and I am looking forward to going back as soon as possible.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us on The Roof! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back for a 3rd time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Food and service were fantastic.Travis was our server-perfect level of service-especially when he had to break the news to us that they were out of draft beer due to a busy weekend.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Agreed - Travis is great! Apologies for not having your beer after a busy weekend but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Black & Blue has just out done it self with the new Rooftop . Take the Elevator to an elegant rooftop experience. Perfect for after work . Additional new staff have me coming back for the great service :)

Cheers! So glad you had the chance to join us on The Roof - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic lunch at the new open air Roof restaurant at Black and Blue on Alberni in Vancouver. Incredible location, ambience with the surrounding fireplaces. Food was outstanding. It's all prepared separately from downstairs and the smell of the charcoal oven is fantastic. Prices are very fair and the quality is top notch. This could be THE spot to enjoy a lunch or a nighttime dinner in vancouver.

Our first review received of The Roof - I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you back up to the third floor again this season!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

People watching is well worth the visit, and Ryan runs a great bar. The Portobello Mushroom is to die for. And the steak nachos so tasty (even when they forget the steak!). Service at the tables can be a bit hit and miss, so we avoid it now (therefore maybe it's sorted and we don't know). But we enjoy sitting around the bar so much it doesn't matter. The decor, with the aged steak meat locker in full view, takes a bit of getting used to even for carnivores - but does show what this restaurant is all about - meat. We had the best Porterhouse Steak of our lives here.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review - we love Ryan at the bar too! We look forward to seeing you again soon!