“Outstanding SErvice”
Review of Black + Blue

Black + Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Black + Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Description: The magic of a classic steakhouse, but with a decidedly contemporary twist. In-house aged rare cuts of beef, tableside Caesar salads, flambes, flaming coffees, and more. While he may find it familiar, it's definitely not your Daddy's steak house!
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Jeffrey was our server for an 8 person dinner and not only was he personally engaging and interactive but the entire dinner service was spectacular start to finish from the food to the presentation to the wine reccomendations with each course. I am incredibly impressed by the follow up in sending a thank you letter addressed to me personaly for dining at Black and Blue. I will without question be back and hope to have Jeffrey create a memorable dinning experience yet again. Thank you!

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Great to hear - thank you for your kind words! I have passed on your comments to the team at Black+Blue. Cheers!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My 50th birthday and my close friend took me to dinner at Black + Blue (steakhouse) Vancouver.
We had a great time and everything was fantastic.
Our waiter (named "Rio") was amazing. His service level was impecable. He never missed a beat. And very friendly and kind.

She (my friend) had the roast and I had an 8 oz sirloin - the PEI Blue Ribbon (Steak). Both cooked perfectly and so delicious. Best steak I have ever had in Vancouver - no lie.
I also ordered the cream corn and mashed potatoes as sides. The cream corn has a smokey and crispy jalapeno flavour. Wow! I could have eaten a bucket of that.

For my birthday they brought me a free Black + Blue Buttercake. A candle and in chocolate a hand-written birthday wish. AMAZING! Served warm and with caramel drizzle it is out of this world.

If you are in Vancouver - stop by and get your breath taken away on great food & service. This just became my favorite Vancouver restaurant.
Well done Glowbal Group! Cheers!

Excellent to hear - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I must agree - the Butter Cake is delicious! We wish you a very happy birthday and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our third visit to black and blue. All three times the food was simplysimply increadible...always delicious!!!
So this is the first time I've ever written a review. The reason why is because I want to save you from our service experience. Peter was our server not only once but two out the three times we visited. Our last visit was very similar to this one. Peter was extremely rude,impatient and very scattered. Often seemed to be lost,rushed and overwhelmed. He made us feel like we were a huge inconvenience. We thought the last time we visited that maybe he was having a bad night. Now after receiving the same poor attitude,awful service, we now know it's just the way he is. Its disappointing considering the price we pay to eat here....i dont want to be treated pooly. I recommend black and blue definitely!!! But if you want an amazing experience I would request to NOT be put in Peters area.

Hi there. I'm so glad to hear you enjoy your meals when dining with us! We would like to follow up with you directly regarding your service comments. Please send an email to marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will be in touch! Many thanks.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

First off, the restaurant is very "cool"...it has a wonderful ambiance and is the type of place you could hang out in with good company all night long. The prices or steep, but hey, its Vancouver...all places downtown are on the high side. Now on to the bad. I ordered the strip, rare It was cooked medium. I'm not a complainer so I ate my steak that was not to temperature. A very average steak at best, even if it had been cooked correctly. Same can be said for the others in our party. Steaks just so, so and inconsistencies on temperature/doneness. The best part of the meal were the fried mac and cheese sticks. For a person who is used to eating at some of the better steakhouses in North America, Black and Blue is simply way overpriced and doesnt stack up to the competition.

Hi there. I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal with us. Although there are no excuses as to why we did not deliver your steak as requested, we are always happy to correct the error. If you did not have a chance to speak with a manager, we would like to speak with you directly. Please send an email to marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will follow up with the team. Thanks!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have to strat of by saying that I have been here a couple of times before. Both times were good, but my last experience with them was insulting. I called to make reservations a week in advance for an early dinner 6:00 pm. I had mentioned that it was for my mother's big 60th birthday and that I was wanting a table upstairs where it is less noisy. They had tables but there response was "I could put a note on your reservation but I can't guarantee anything." Excusr me???? I am making a reservation a week in advance with plenty of tables available. Translation "you're not important enough for a nice table. They try to play up the snobbery so they seem like an elite establishment. News flash, there is no Michelin Chef working in the back, you pump out steaks, get over yourselves. The global group's customer service in general is horrendous at all of their locations. I will NEVER visit any their establishments again, nor book any parties there, since I work in PR.

2  Thank Olga K
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear of your recent experience. We always strive to accommodate each and every guest request - unfortunately, with unusually busy times such as Dine Out Vancouver, even with 1 week notice the reservation volume does not allow us to guarantee specific table requests.

If you were not able to speak with a manager directly on site, I would be happy to pass along your comments. So that we can follow up - please send us your contact info to marketing@glowbalgroup.com. Thank you.