“Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Black + Blue

Black + Blue
Reserve with OpenTable
Black + Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,704 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Description: The magic of a classic steakhouse, but with a decidedly contemporary twist. In-house aged rare cuts of beef, tableside Caesar salads, flambes, flaming coffees, and more. While he may find it familiar, it's definitely not your Daddy's steak house!
Vancouver Island
“Dinner”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Group of five guys. Food was ok but nothing to justify the high price. Lighting was extremely poor as it was difficult to actually read the menu. The staff were friendly enough but the wait time from order of food to delivery was EXTREMELY SLOW - approx 75mins - maybe because we were drinking they thought they would make more money on the drinks?? we complained to management but to no avail."Gothams" is by far the better choice.

Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hi there. So sorry to hear of the service you received. We would like to follow up with you directly. Can you please send your contact info to marketing@glowbalgroup.com? Look forward to hearing from you.

frmichael32
“Find out for yourself”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

About two months ago i went to the restaraunt to obok a table. The music was DEAFENING! People told me not to venture near it, (I dislike noisy restaraaunts!) On Sunda at 5.30pm I tok my friend for his birthday dinner. It was amazing; we had a great table upstairs; the service was super-attentive, thank you Pheonix; the food was rally good, though my primee rib was rare rather than medium. The music, well it was soft and gentle and pleasing to the ear!

However Pheonix did point out that it was the restaraunt's policy to have loud music and a number of friends have subsequently told me that the levels of music can actually be really unpleasent and that the owner allegedly derives some masochistic pleasure fro insisting that in all his restaraunts the volume is kept up.

My only complaint? The Bloody Marys were 90% ice, I thought restaraunts had grown out of such tricks?

• Visited January 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we look forward to serving you again soon!
Vancouver
“Dine out Vancouver”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went here for dine out vancouver. Being a Friday evening I excepted the restaurant to be busy, but I had not expected the noise level to be as great as it was, it was difficult to hear each other at our own table. This was compounded by the fact the place becomes a stand up bar by nine at night and the music gets louder as the night progresses.

That said, the food menu for dine out was excellent the waiter we had was wonderful, attentive but not overbearing, and kudos to him for managing to having the music turned down in our little corner of the restaurant.

Overall, I would go back, just not on a Friday evening.

• Visited January 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black + Blue, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi there. We admit - as the weekend evenings carry on and the energy increases, so do the noise levels in the restaurant. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and received top notch service! We look forward to serving you again soon.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Overrated.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a horrible experience at this restaurant. It looks like ur typical downtown vancouver restaurant, pretty neat layout - thats about it.
There were 13 of us for a girls night/bday party - they told us it'd be about a 15 minute wait and sat us in their tiny lounge section. It was about an hour later that we finally got seated at a table!

The menu was very limited and VERY expensive considering the fact that it was nothing special.

Nothing was worse than the attitude of SOME of the staff (bartender Chris was AMAZING and waiter Arturo was great as well) - the hostess and some VERY RUDE waitress spoiled my entire night. Making me pay two seperate transactions - charging me MORE than what I'd gotten. Then the waitress had the nerve to not let me back upstairs to say goodbye to the rest of our party after I had paid - she was TERRIBLY rude and even asked me "Why would you leave your table and expect me to let you back upstairs now?" What do they think they are? A Club or something?!!

Get a new front end/waitress staff (im sure they are not ALL bad) - but yeah, some revisions in staff and also a more diverse menu MIGHT make this place tolerable

1 Thank Tania J
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have followed up with the restaurant management and apologize for your recent experience. We would love to welcome you back so that you have the opportunity to fully enjoy the Black+Blue experience!
Vancouver
“A Nice Business Lunch”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Met an associate for lunch.
The hostess didn't really notice us and were busy scurrying around a lot
We had a reservation and once we were noticed, led to our table
Nice spot by the window
Waiter was friendly and very helpful
Food took long and for a business lunch that's not a good thing - i would have expected them to anticipate the brief time people in the area have on a work day
Food was good

• Visited January 2013
Apologies in the delay of your meal but I am glad to hear you enjoyed! Thanks for taking the time to write a review!