“No sushi... no love”
Review of Gyu Kaku Vancouver

Gyu Kaku Vancouver
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu Kaku Vancouver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Cross street: Hornby
Transit: The closest skytrain stations are Granville Station (Expo/Mellennium Line), Vancouver City Centre (Canada Line.)
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went here for a business lunch - and were surprised by the lack of sushi at this Japanese restaurant. Want to cook your own protein?... then you've found the right place. My group didn't want to fire up the grill in the center of the table so we opted for the ala carte choices. The tuna tatake was ok - not a fan of fried garlic, Spicy tuna volcano's were tasty, salmon/avocado salad was loaded with mayo so I skipped it, Sukiyaki bibimbap was my favourite, hot cast iron bowl with rice and beef. Even though I didn't have an issue with the food, the service was spotty. We waited forever to be approached with menu's. We had to get up and track down a waitress to take our order. When it came time to pay the bill, again, it took forever to flag someone down (our guests couldn't wait any longer and had already vacated the table). Having said that, the servers were very friendly and helpful once we actually got them to our table. Pricing isn't bad - lunch for 4 was $65. Would I go back? - only if I wanted to grill my own meal - and had the time to enjoy it.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We enjoyed a nice lunch here, staff was engaging and took time to explain the menu and dining options. The bbq is in the center of your table and if you choose to use it you will have a unique exprience and lots of tasty options. Really fun and we couldnt stop ordering food, so delicious. Reccomend this for some fun and a different type of approach to dining, enjoy!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Walked by and stopped in for lunch while visiting Vancouver. We were seated promptly and server came by and explained to us the "cook your own meal" process. We opted for the special - 8 different kinds of meat, poultry and seafood that we cooked on an in-table bbq. Meal also included, salad, soup and a wonderful crispy rice dish. The meat was not well seasoned and the bbq was not oiled enough so the meat, etc., stuck to it and was hard to pry off. All in all, not the greatest experience and really not a great value for the money spent. At least we can say we tried it.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were not finished eating and they kicked us out after 2 hours. Really made our party feel awful. We have been to 4 other locations and have never been pushed out.

2  Thank luvfoo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I went to this place twice, it had a great atmosphere and excellent service. It was a tad over priced but we got used to that in Vancouver. I had garlic prawns, Kobe beef, fillet mignon and the beef fried noodles. On the first night the meat was perfect, on second visit it was over salted, however the $10 pitcher of Sapporo helped with that. Both the waiters and the manager were very polite and helpful. I enjoyed cooking my own meat, sometimes rare, sometimes charred, it was a good experience. My wife's Gyoza were ok not great.