“Lovely food--soup is perfect”
Review of Next Noodle Bar

Next Noodle Bar
Ranked #744 of 3,914 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I felt jet-lagged and just wanted some soup. Decided to try this lovely spot just down from L'Hermitage hotel. The chicken soup is perfect. Perfect stock, vegetables, and several large pieces of chicken. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food was not all that good.But if you want a quick meal, it is alright.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Delicious, inexpensive, and generous proportions with a friendly staff! I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Paradice06
Reviewed February 24, 2012

When I was eight months pregnant I was walking (waddling) up Robson at 6pm-ish on a weekday when I realized that I had to pee. Not like I should head over to pacific centre and figure out where the public bathroom is, but like the baby just kicked my bladder and I might wet my pants where I stood. I was right out front of Next Noodle Bar so I ducked in the door. A middle aged man greeted me at the door and said "For how many?" and I gave him my most sheepish grin and said, "I'm so sorry, but I really need to use your bathroom." He replied, "Customers only," and turned his back to me. I said, "Sir, please, I'm pregnant," and when he turned around I pointed out my IMPOSSIBLE TO MISS gigantic belly. He told me that his manager wouldn't allow it, he would get in trouble if he let me, and that he was sorry. I walked out. Then I walked back in, past the man who had greeted me at the door and was now taking an order at a table (but had stopped to glare at me), and through the half empty restaurant to the bathroom. When I came back out I walked straight to the cash register and asked to speak to the manager. I wanted to give him (or her) a piece of my mind and find out if it was indeed policy to NEVER make exceptions to the "customer only" rule, even if the person in question was in obvious distress (such as hugely pregnant). To my shock, the woman at the cash register told me that the middle-aged man who had turned me away WAS the manager!
I understand having a "customer only" policy. People are filthy and I've worked places where people have done awful things to the washrooms. But really, I'm a clean-cut, pregnant woman... am I going to trash your bathroom? Worried I'm trying to find a place to shoot-up? I was so angry that all I could do was hiss, "you should be ashamed of yourself," at him as I stormed past him and out to the street.
This all happened some time ago now, but yesterday I happened to walk past Next Noodle Bar and was reminded about the rude, insensitive, cowardly manager who couldn't even admit that HE was the one refusing a pregnant woman entry to their bathroom but tried to come across as just a poor waiter who would get in trouble if he took pity on me.

1  Thank Felicity_23d
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I wandered past Next starving during our trip to Vancouver, and decided to go in. It was cleaner and looked a little more "upscale" than a lot of the Asian cuisine places we saw. In the end, the prices were not upscale, but the food was amazing. We liked it so much, we went back a couple of days later. Varied menu. If I lived in Vancouver, I would be there all the time.