“TERRIBLE SERVICE &DARK AVOCADO”

Kyo Korean BBQ & Sushi House
Ranked #1,910 of 3,994 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: South Granville
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ist time in Vancouver. My brother said all sushi was great next to Japan. My friend everything is good here in Vancouver just go anywhere. We were driving Granville and saw this nice restuarant. So as we walked in no GREETING yet. The guy sat the first customer. So we were next. Normally you would at least smile and say we will be right with you. Then another lady customer went behind us. Then another hostess came and helped the lady rather than asking who was next. So nobody attended to us. But no worries we wanted to have good sushi. So finally the host who helped the first guy gave us a look and gave a gesture to follow the other person. Obviously he thought we were with him Anyway he sat us. No welcome or have you been here before? Are you familiar with us? We were kinda lost. So i took the initiative to ask. So how much is the EAT ALL YOU CAN? he said 23.something. I forgot the price. So a little pricy but we want good food not so much of the service. So anyway we still ordered. 30 came by (SERIOUSLY I TIMED IT) all the food came and no one has lit up the grill. So i have to call them. Finally someone came and tried to lit up the grill but it was not working. He never came back. So i called the hostess who looked so bored and not happy with her job came and said they were looking for something to light up the grill. SERIOUSLY? the restaurant could accommodate i would say 100 people and they only have ONE in that restaurant. We were starving and still have to cook the korean beef etc and we couldnt. I work in a customer service all my life. They need to learn on how to take care of customer. No word of im sorry let me do something about it or what. After another 20 minutes or so i gave them a match. So we finally ate. Their avocados on the california roll was dark The food was just ok. So when we were leaving the guy that left finally came back. Not sure if he went to a store to buy matches or what. no apology from the hostess nor from the host. No discount ? No apology? nor even a sincere care ? The most expensive restaurant that I have been and the worst in VANCOUVER. They should learn great service and food from JINYA RAMEN. ! Hope this reach management so you can take SERVICE 101 for your staff. Otherwise your establishment would not stay that long ;(

2  Thank Earl Q

Reviewed May 19, 2013

WARNING!!!!!! 小心啊,睁大眼睛!!!!!

We went there for lunch today, the food is soo, the service is soo. well i guess it AYCE frankly you cant get very good sushi and bbq.
But as a VICTIM, just want to warning you....OPEN YOU EYE, WHEN YOU PAY YOUR BILL!!!

They have automatically CHARGED tip for 12%, whatever you feel about their service, then we paid AGAIN another 15%....so do the calculation...if for a dinner one person is $25 after tax, then by the end you will pay twice of the tips $7 dollars!

This is really not professional and using the gratuity to make some DARK EVIL Money!!!....anyhow, i feel it's a shame some CHINESE people are doing the business like this, just want the other innocent people know about this place!

这家店寿司做的一般,服务一般。。。但是我只想警告其他顾客,来这里吃要小心您的帐单!!!

他们会在您的帐单里自动加上12%的小费,无论您觉得他们的服务如何,然后您会又给他们小费,最终在不经意下共收了27%的小费。。。算一下,如果晚餐一人税后¥25,那么您会负两次小费¥7 块啊!!!

我觉得这样利用西方人本性的礼节,而赚黑心钱。。。真的觉得这样的中国人很黑心,丢人啊!!!

所以,再次警告大家睁开眼睛,别用自己的马虎让人家钻空子!!!

太不道德了!!!

2  Thank s s
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Yes, this place does not always fare well when it comes to customer service. However the food usually comes out fast, is fresh, and done well.

I have been here with a group of 15, were all seated together, and had a relatively flawless all you can eat experience! Quality is less in the AYCE menu, but still decent.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed going to this restaurant when it was Shabusen. The cuisine is similar if not identical. The decor has been changed slightly. Someone missed part of our order which meant the kid food came after the adults, which is not great with small children. There are cheaper sushi/all you can eat on vancouver but Kyo is comfortable and convenient and we will be back on our next trip through.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I will NEVER go to this restaurant again! I went there with 10+ people and we received horrible service. Here is why:

6 reasons why not to go to Kyo Korean BBQ & Sushi House

1. Bad organization – I went in with 10+ people and we were told that a room will be ready for us in 30min. After 30min, the manager told us he made a mistake and it should be 1hr and 30min. We were given two choices: Sit in two separate tables or wait for another hour.

2. Bad Service – We were not given tea at the start. We did not receive tea pot until we requested. Throughout the dinner, the waitress saw us waving (made eye contact with me) and ignored us many times. They ignored me even when I spoke in a loud voice “Excuse me”.

3. Charged Extra – They placed 15% tip on the bill because they count us to be in a group of 8+ people when we were forced to sit on two separate tables.

4. Force Tips – They place tip onto the bill to force me to tip. The service was bad and I was still forced to pay full tip. Their reason was “well, we gave you service and this is the minimum charge”

5. Does not value customers’ time – I requested to speak to the manager regarding billing issue and he kept us waiting for at least 20min before talking to us. Even after that, another staff came to discuss the billing issue so we repeated the story to three different people.

6. Manager lied to customers – We were told by the manager that it is their store policy to include tip onto the bills regardless of the amount of people in the group. HOWEVER, another staff told us that groups with less than 8 people don’t get tip included in their bills. Either way, they still charged us full tip even when I told them I am not satisfy with their service.

This is the WORST experience I had at any restaurant. Even fast food restaurants offer better service than Kyo!

2  Thank stevie T