“More artwork than just sushi!”

Hitoe Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #658 of 3,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Vancouver, Canada
“More artwork than just sushi!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went there on a sunny Sun afternoon for lunch. It was not crowded (good for me), and the service was really nice. The prices are good, I paid around 20$ for one of their special rolls (EEEEEEL), two nigiri sushi, a soft drink, and a dessert. So much for the plain facts. When the food came, it was like WOOOOOOW! I tried one nigiri with their special black rice (+ 50 cent) - wonderful! Then the EEEEEEEEL roll- it was artwork! I did not dare to destroy this masterpiece, but if you have to eat it... great. 12$ for one roll sounds much, but it was more than worth it, and they are really big. I think I found my new favourite sushi restaurant! Will be back soon and try more of the black rice sushi!!!

2 Thank AuroraBorealis2013

“Excellent little place -- call ahead for reservation”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We ended up here on a sunday night when our first choice was closed. That made us lucky diners. This is quite a small place. Excellent sushi at a very reasonable price. We gorged on salad, rolls and nigiri sushi for 50$ including tip for 2 people.

1 Thank travelerfromrockville
Vancouver, Canada
“One of the best sushi in Vancouver!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

OK..in Vancouver, tons of sushi places! This one is one of the best! Their sashimi was fresh, and they have variety of rice for foodie who wants to try something unique, like black rice. I ordered combo no. 2 which was California roll, BC roll, Volcano roll, with seaweed salad and miso soup for $15! What a deal! We also tried salmon sashimi and Extra Cheese sushi and BC roll in black rice. Amazing! The presentation is beautiful! Staff are friendly! Service is fast! Will be coming back for more! Especially because they are giving out Pocky Chocolate stick instead of mints in the end! You know they were different than others! :)

• Visited July 2013
“Best Sushi in Vancouver”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a number of times with my friends who introduced me to this place. Vancouver is packed with sushi places and I have been to quite a few but always leave thinking that Hitoe would have been better.

This has to be one of my favourite restaurants off all time!

If you are visiting Vancouver and want great sushi without spending a fortune I highly suggest a visit!

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“The place is a hidden gem!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Located on quite stretch of west 4th in Kits, Hitoe provides a delicious authentic Japanese sushi experience at a very great price - which is becoming a rarity.

Visited April 2013