“gem in the rough”

Acme Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: Acme is closed permanently, as of November 28th, 2017. Thank you for your support and patronage over the years!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a little gem in a fringe neighbourhood. I wasn't so sure walking up to it based on the location but I'm so happy we got passed the cover. The menu is simple with things like mac n' cheese and meatloaf but everything is prepared so well by a chef who clearly knows what he or she is doing. We loved everything we had... and we were 6 adults and 5 kids so that says a lot. The café itself is retro and cozy. We were there with kids and the staff were really great with them bringing colours and accommodating sometimes picky palates. Absolutely recommend this place for those looking for really good food and want to get out of the touristy typical hum drum.

1  Thank genkime

Reviewed August 12, 2013

One of our favorite meals during our 2 week trip. Amazing gourmet grilled cheese. Nice atmosphere & friendly staff. Ingredients seemed really fresh & very well made

1  Thank eatdiveeatdive
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been to this cafe for a few times for lunch. Food quality is very good and portions are big. The menu is great and you will always find something new to try. Their lunch specials provide excellent value. Service is consistent and staff are friendly. I will try this place for breakfast one of these days. The breakfast menu looked very appealing to me.

1  Thank Adam M
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a very small place, with mostly booths and counter seats, so we parked our wheelchair at one of the two little tables. We had the "high falutin' grilled cheese", the mac and cheese, and the smoked salmon sandwich with a bowl of the soup of the day, as well as a piece of their pina colada pie. Everything was fantastic, my favorite thing, though was their homemade salad dressing! The service was good, too. We will be back.

1  Thank MN_NightRN
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Another good find for our family while in the Vancouver area this past June. Looked like a locals place which told me must be good. I had the salmon sandwich with a side of tomato soup which was very good only I felt like they could have served a bit more salmon on it. My wife's quiche was a much better dish. It was served with a side of tomato soup. She really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is comfortable and the servers are nice as well and not pretentious. I'd recommend this place for lunch for sure.

1  Thank southtexastraveller