“Great sushi, great service.”
Review of Kaide Sushi

Kaide Sushi
Ranked #357 of 3,751 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
London, United Kingdom
“Great sushi, great service.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Vancouver is such a great town for sushi but what I love about Kaide is 1) the ingredients are always fresh and have NEVER been sitting out (unlike some food I've had nearby on Davie Street), and 2) the service is ALWAYS friendly.

I lived in the building in 2009-2010 and explored Van quite a bit — this was my favorite Vancouver sushi joint. Delicious BBQ unagi (eel), with fresh avocado, egg and tobiko — amazing. Spicy tuna sashimi, with a nice combination of veggies, will have you ordering seconds. And the owner/chef is always gregarious and welcoming.

If I had to fault the restaurant for one thing, it would be their air conditioning - it gets a tad stuffy. But it's a very trivial thing when considering how great the food is.

• Visited September 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Great hidden little sushi spot”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My girlfriend, her son and I went here the other night and the sushi was great and the service impeccable. Being our first time there, we ordered a round of four outside rolls as a tryout, then after that proved a success, we ordered a bunch more fish. Not only did they treat the adults great, but they were awesome to the nine year old as well, offering him tea with ice in it so it wasn't too hot.

• Visited August 2012
Toronto
“Really fresh sushi!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm not normally a sushi eater, as I don't really eat raw fish... however, when you're in Vancouver, you can't find sushi much fresher. A hallmark of fresh sushi is that it doesn't have a fishy smell and all of the sushi at Kaide was very fresh. I thought the portions were pretty generous for the price and I'd definitely come back again. The location was a little out of the way, as it was in Yaletown but seemed like it was more of a "local people come here" type place. I liked the casual atmosphere of this place.

Visited February 2012