“Refined Italian food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #625 of 3,498 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Description: In the heart of Vancouver's West End.
Montreal, Canada
“Refined Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

There are no words in any language that could describe the quality of the food I've ate there. The pizza (chorizo) and the chicken linguine me and my coworker had there was marvelous. The taste was to kill for. The calimari was cooked to perfection.

Definitely going back there!

Laid back atmosphere, relax and friendly service. Typical of a good high quality Italian restaurant with no snobby behavior.

Price, atmosphere, choice = Win!

• Visited June 2013

Regina, Canada
“BIG REGRET”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I dont understand all the hype. We feel like we're rushed by the caucasian female server . blatantly disrespectful. i think she is closing the resto that monday or tuesday night and she looks like she doesnt like her job. Food was bland. One of me and my friend's biggest regrets. There are other establishments along Robson to go to and have dinner at. Not this one.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank jm r
Alert Bay
“What a Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

At a conference in the Bayshore Hotel and out for a walk and turned left at Robson and saw The Cinch. Right off the bat I liked the name and it looked small and intimate.
This Italian restaurant did not disappoint. I had an excellent green salad with Campari tomatoes and figs, unusual and delicious, followed by pan seared scallops and prawns with al dente buttered broccoli with parmesan. A sip of that Oh so dry San Remo white wine, then, - the piece de resistance Tiramisu to die for! It was so light it just about floated right of the plate into my mouth.
To say nothing of the service, engaging and the epitome of good service: discrete and people friendly. Wow! I want to go back right now!
One small caveat I did go back twice and both times it was having a private function so do phone ahead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Keighley, United Kingdom
“A very good Italian Restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went on a busy night and were thankful that we had booked a table. The food and service were very good.

Visited June 2012
Kamloops, Canada
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've eaten here only twice because I live out of town. Otherwise I'm sure I would be a regular. My meal was fresh Ling Cod with Vegetables and Spring Salad. The fish and veggies were cooked and seasoned perfectly. So fresh and high quality with substantial portions. The salad was also the perfect combination of flavours. I ordered takeout on both occasions to take to my room at Hotel Riviera 2 minutes away on Robson. The food was properly packaged to retain the heat and quality. I just love this Italian eatery with great friendly accommodating service and attention to details. Hope to go back real soon. Great value, great experience.

• Visited April 2013