WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #722 of 3,606 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Description: In the heart of Vancouver's West End.
Alert Bay
“What a Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

At a conference in the Bayshore Hotel and out for a walk and turned left at Robson and saw The Cinch. Right off the bat I liked the name and it looked small and intimate.
This Italian restaurant did not disappoint. I had an excellent green salad with Campari tomatoes and figs, unusual and delicious, followed by pan seared scallops and prawns with al dente buttered broccoli with parmesan. A sip of that Oh so dry San Remo white wine, then, - the piece de resistance Tiramisu to die for! It was so light it just about floated right of the plate into my mouth.
To say nothing of the service, engaging and the epitome of good service: discrete and people friendly. Wow! I want to go back right now!
One small caveat I did go back twice and both times it was having a private function so do phone ahead.

• Visited February 2013

Keighley, United Kingdom
“A very good Italian Restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went on a busy night and were thankful that we had booked a table. The food and service were very good.

Visited June 2012
Kamloops, Canada
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've eaten here only twice because I live out of town. Otherwise I'm sure I would be a regular. My meal was fresh Ling Cod with Vegetables and Spring Salad. The fish and veggies were cooked and seasoned perfectly. So fresh and high quality with substantial portions. The salad was also the perfect combination of flavours. I ordered takeout on both occasions to take to my room at Hotel Riviera 2 minutes away on Robson. The food was properly packaged to retain the heat and quality. I just love this Italian eatery with great friendly accommodating service and attention to details. Hope to go back real soon. Great value, great experience.

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Top spot for lunch in Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Came upon this place by chance. Had a delicious lunch and was tended to by a very friendly waitress. Lunch choices include entree style dishes as well as foccacia sandwiches. The quality of the coffee was very good also.

• Visited March 2013
British Columbia, Canada
“a new discovery.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

we came here based on research i had done on trip advisor comments. and i'm glad we did. we were staying at the westin bayshore and it was a foggy night and only a quick 10 minute walk to get here. a small room, one would need reservations for a table. filled shortly after we arrived. others came in later and sat at the bar. the 2 servers did a super job. i had an amazing seafood rissoto. we shared a plate of garlic bread, which was perfect in size, small slices of yummy and also a good, small bocconcini salad. my husband's spaghetti bolognese was delicious, he said. we shared a bottle of wine and had coffee after, to stretch the evening out. candles at the tables, a good feeling in the room. all ages. another great place to add to our list of where to eat in vancouver! and the price was excellent.

• Visited February 2013