“Unique offering for a food truck” 4 of 5 stars

Fresh Local Wild
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups, Seafood, Fast Food, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: "Only food truck in Vancouver with its own mini outdoor dining room. Fish & chips, and even sashimi". Restaurant's Twitter page: http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=freshlocalwild
Chicago, IL
“Unique offering for a food truck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We saw the episode of triple D and had to check this place out. Yes, the chowder poutine is excellent. We also split a chicken fried oyster sandwich which was good as well. Only one table, but at least there was 1, right?

Visited May 2013

“Holy s#%$ this place is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The Ingrediants are super fresh. It just tastes really really good, maybe a tad bit expensive but definently worth it for the quality ingredients . I was very impressed. Vancouver is the most beautiful city on earth. Throw in great food on a sunny day and die happy

• 5 of 5 stars
Austin, Texas
“Yes it's a food truck; yes it's fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This downtown food truck is a local favorite and now I know why. The food is exceptionally fresh and the menu is inventive. When we were there, I tried the salmon shwarma (delicious) and my husband tried the fried oyster poorboy (awesome). They also serve hand-cut fries that are cooked to perfection (darkly browned to nirvana). If you're not sure where they'll be from day to day, visit the Roaming Hunger website. They update Vancouver food trucks daily. I highly recommend you take the time to find Fresh Local Wild. Those guys rock!

Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas
“Street Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This food wagon was 2 blocks from our hotel, but I didn't realize what it was at first. On a Fri. afternoon I stopped to see what was on the menu and asked what the smallest piece of halibut I could try as I had already eaten lunch and wasn't really hungry. The guy ended up giving me a piece of fresh halibut that he dipped and fried right that minute. DELICIOUS!!! Wish I had been able to have more from there as they are very inventive. Met the owner and he was really interesting and we had a nice visit. His staff is terrific.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Curt-Pat
San Francisco, California
“Downtown food truck...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Service was friendly & attentive.

We ordered Fish & Chips of...Hallibut, Salmon, & Cod. The fish tasted fresh. The batter had a beer batter flavor & was not too thick. The only complaint from some in our party of 4 concerned the oiliness. Oil permeated the batter & the fries. The fries were soggy. Some of us preferred crispier fries.

I would return. However, due the excessive oiliness, others in our party would not.

• Visited July 2012