“NICE FOOD GOOD ATMOSPHERE”

The Flying Pig Yaletown
Ranked #48 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: We refer to our restaurant as a "nouveau Canadian Bistro"... offering a simple, seasonally inspired menu with fresh, local ingredients at a great value. Our open concept kitchen brings the Chef to your table, delivering a memorable overall dining experience.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We tried both Gastown and Yaletown restaurants and both were good. Yaletown was a little busier. Service was a little slow but the food and drink was good.
I loved the Halloween pumpkin displays as we don't get them in the UK, they looked great!

1  Thank VickyREngland

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good u shaped bar in the center, with an okay selection of wine and fine dining centrally located in Yaletown.

1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This restaurant is in the touristy area of gas town. We went there for breakfast, and were pleased so returned for dinner that night. The breakfast was delicious, I had a corned beef hash served with a really fresh house salad. Service was excellent. At dinner, it was packed and we managed to find a spot at the bar. The salmon dish was not hugely flavoursome even though it was billed as a Cajun crusted salmon, but overall the quality of the food was still good. Definitely one of the better options if you find yourself in gas town for lunch.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I and two kids spotted this attractive looking restaurant while strolling around the Gaslight District in Vancouver. From just looking from the outside window at the way the tables were set and the restaurant laid out I knew it would be worth trying. We were not disappointed. We arrived just after 1pm so the main lunch crowd was just finishing up. We were seated right away upstairs at a window four-top. The menu was excellent in that there were several main course items that looked attractive and fabulous appetizers to boot. Even the complimentary bread basket was above "ordinary". I had the skirt steak, med rare, which was excellent. My wife had a lovely seafood salad and my kids split a pasta dish. All in all, it was a perfect lunch, well presented (especially the beet salad) with top-notch service. I highly recommend this restaurant. It was a stand out in Vancouver which says a lot.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just finished dinner at The Flying Pig. We got there in time for Happy Hour from 4 to 6 and ordered wine at 5$ a glass incl taxes. Also had two appetizers at 5$ each. My husband had the skirt steak and I had the salmon cakes. Filled up on this, we barely needed more but did order a beefsteak tomato and bongochini salad and a seafood pasta.

All the food tasted fresh. The pasta was homemade and al dente - the service was superb and the atmosphere energizing. Strongly recommend!

1  Thank Claudetteth