“Excellent Breakfast”
Review of Tableau Bar Bistro

Tableau Bar Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tableau Bar Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bute
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Came with hotel package at the Loden Hotel. Breakfast is great, lots of selection and restaurant is really nice & cozy. I didn't check this place out at night though, it appears to turn into some kind of a club which I'm not into really.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I took a couple out for nice friendly business dinner this past Saturday night. We checked on line and found that Tableau was rated as one of the best new spots in town so we decided to give it a shot.
The old room at the Loden Hotel was a bit stark and cavernous. The new reno is much warmer and has a nice little french sub vibe. I won't mention any names but I have to be honest and mention that our wait staff, though friendly and decent were a bit odd. Not bad odd necessarily just odd. I know that's ambiguous but you'll have to check it out for yourself. The food was really nice. Meat and cheese to start, nice flavour, nice variety. Our table was unfortunately too small for all the various glasses and plates and bottles so trying to spread cheese and pate was a pain in the butt but still the food was good. Nice wine too. And some decent cocktails to begin with. I had some kind of tequila punch. The menu is very parisienne and fun. My wife had mussels with frites which she wouldn't share. My friend had the duck, it looked terrific. The other girl had the special which was the short rib. It was fantastic. I had the fish of the day which I thought the best of all. Good attention to detail. Nice atmosphere. Really good food. We had a great time. Our only other regret is that we were in a rush so we didn't get to try dessert. Next time. And there will be a next time.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Their was an air of 'snobby-ness' in the air. Really seemed like the waitress was pushing the entire table to drink which I didn't really appreciate even after politely declining a few times. Kudos are that the Food is of good quality and we got our appetizers and mains fairly quick. Mains are quite small so a side(s) needs to be ordered. Restaurant is so tiny and all the tables are pushed so close together. It's rather awkward. Especially with a large loud table being so overbearing right beside you. I may go back again - if someone else was paying.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Excellent French restaurant. We had the mushrooms on toast and the onion soup to start which was delicious! The red wine pairing recommended by our waiter was right on the money. Mains we had the duck and the lamb ragu which was melt in your mouth amazing. All around enjoyable.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I've been to Tableau Bar Bistro twice now and had fabulous experiences both times. From the excellent cocktails to the appetizers (my favourite is "mushrooms on toast" — so decadent) to the Saturday night special of braised beef short ribs, Tableau hits it out of the park. On my first visit, I had steak frites, which was excellent, and this time I had the mushroom pappardelle, which was also top-notch. I've also enjoyed brunch there and, again, it was to die for. To top it all off, their prices are incredibly reasonable ($22 for steak frites, $16 for mushroom pappardelle) and they have a great dessert list (dark chocolate mousse … mmmm). For great food in a lively, classy atmosphere, Tableau is hard to beat.

1  Thank Emma G