“Absolute best place to have your coffee break”
Review of Baguette & Co

Baguette & Co
Ranked #40 of 68 Bakeries in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had some time to kill and thought I'd grab a coffee somewhere. I spotted this little coffee shop/bakery in Kitsilano and thought I'd give it a try. I just drink plains old regular coffee, nothing "designer" and so that decision was easy and very successful. The problem came when I had to choose my goodie - there is just so much selection and absolutely everything looks divine! I chose a muffin and as an experienced muffin-eater, I can honestly say that this was one of the best ever. My new life goal is to try every single item that they make here and I am certain that I will never be disappointed with my choices. The actual coffee shop is very nicely set up, with lots of tables and a glass door into the kitchen. The girl behind the counter was very friendly and helpful - if you haven't tried this delightful coffee shop, you need to remedy that, soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Perfect, always fresh, French desserts, pastries, eclairs, coissants, muffins, scones, geat bagutte sandwiche varieties and coffee. The atmosphere is buzzing and great for people watching; you always fell like you're in the centre of the baking universe.
This small bakery/restaurant is always busy and always smells wonderful with all the ongoing, on-site baking. Despite its popularity, service is quick and friendly. There is always adequate counter staff: someone on serving coffee and someone on bakery service.The space is spotlessly clean and bright; with a big, front window on busy, funky Davie Street.
I've had lunch here and taken out breakfast partries for my office, as well as grabbing a lunch sandwich for later in the day when I pick up morning coffee. One of their stellar moves here is to make both large and small "dry' breakfast pastries: croissants,palmieres, pains aux chocolate, raisin twirls and pistachio twirls are all baked in large and small (treat-sized) sizes; so you can have a taste without filling up! THe value is also good; the sandwiches are large (enough for two easily) and they have breakfast and lunch specials that include your coffee. Well worth a visit; great baguette sandwiches for picnics.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I do keep going back despite the poor service but not sure how long i can hold out. The pastries and coffee is still real good, cannot go wrong. However - i hate to say it but not sure if the management care any more, there is a consistent turnover of staff, it is either poor training or a couldn't care less attitude, tables are never wiped down (i wipe my own), service is sometimes slow, occasionally the coffee is either not hot or inconsistent from the usual really good. It's a little pricy for what you get but the quality is generally good.
Please fix the issues - while standing in line i have heard many people say that if it was not for the pastries they would go elsewhere.

1  Thank honestopinion86
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We recently travelled to Paris and found this bakery equal to the best ones there. Finally I can get pain au raisin swirls with custard baked into them. Right on Davie street! And the lemon tarts were exquisite. They also have mini versions so you can try several kinds.

1  Thank Quizene
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The Davie Street location is right on Davie and Thurlow. It's a small place, but it's great for a quick meal or for picking up a lunch to take to the beach. You can't beat the lunch special - a drink, a sandwich or panini and a dessert for under $12. The chicken pesto panini was delicious and the dessert selection is drool worthy...it makes it hard to settle.

2  Thank Karla V