“best flan ever” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Kitsilano
vancouver
“best flan ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

my friend and I stumbled across this place as we were walking by and decided to pop in and try some of the desserts. We each ordered a mini flan and oh my goodness it has got to be the best flan I have ever had. Not too sweet and just the perfect degree of denseness as I dislike flans that are too custardy. My friend immediately bought two full size ones to bring home while I decided to hold off, deciding to check out cobs first before making my decision. Needless to say while I love cobs, I made a quick turn around heading back to the cafe to purchase a piece of flan of my own. I also tried their napoleon and while I'm not too too fond of the fondant topping, the rest of it was delicious. I can't wait to go back to try their croissants and sandwiches.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank charmmy1

Toronto, Canada
“little part of France”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

went there twice during my week in Vancouver

these place is fantastic, friendly staff, good quality products and fair price

mostly of the products remind me home (France)
they serve authentic french pastries and really taste like the ones you can find in Paris

was very surprise actually by the éclair who was just like i like them and the ones i could find oversea

my first time a little snack (mixte of mini pastries)
my second time went there for lunch

sandwich + pastry+ pop for $9.95
had a veggie panini (pesto brie sundried tomato) was excellent

you can find
pastries, croissants, brioche, quiche, sandwiches, coffees & cold drinks......

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank fromnormandy
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice coffee and Pasteries - some untrained staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I agree with many other opinions on the quality of food certainly worth putting up with the rest of service. Generally the staff and friendly and helpful, but recently there have been several changes and i do not think the owners are providing any training (maybe focusing on the new DT location). The service at times has been slow, taking wrong order, forgetting to get the coffee and most recently none of the staff knew how to deal with their own gift card.

if it were not for the food - i would consider going elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank honestopinion86
Glen Rose, Texas
“best French pastries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We tried croissants in several places while in Vancouver but this small place had the best. They also had palmiers, which are hard to find. They were very good. We wished we had tried them earlier in our visit.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank tXlady43
Vancouver, Canada
“Enfin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Vancover and its suburbs need more places like this...a little out of my way, but worth it. The baked goods are authentic (café éclair w/ coffee custard not whipped cream or bavarian cream...) and nothing like the garbage they sell everywhere else. Nowhere else have I been able to find a 'suisse' other than in France and it is absolutely delicious...the flan is soooo good too...everything is good - I have one request though : tartelette au citron

Visited June 2013