“Nice Dinner ”

Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 3,707 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar offers traditional, simple and fresh Italian meals based on family recipes with the flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes in a contemporary but classic setting. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh house-made pastas and traditional comfort fare. The bar offers classic cocktails and the wine list is focused on well represented and down-to-earth British Columbia VQA wines and imported Italian wines. Frankie's, true Italian, family food & friends. Close to Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium.
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Dinner ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went on a Saturday evening around 630PM. It wasn't too busy at this time. The service was very pleasant. I did feel slightly rushed. But that it is my only complaint. The menu was terrific. The platter is a great appetiser to share with a date. I would go again.

Canada
“Noisy party in bar area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were seated by the private party room (aka bar)....or so it seemed, as it was very noisy and we could barely hear each other talk.
Our food was just okay.
Beet salad had far more ingredients than I expected and the endive was extremely bitter. The appetizer platter was great, could feed 4 people with grilled flatbread, Parmesan & Gouda cheeses and salami & prosciutto. Caesar salad was tasty with baby romaine, prosciutto and Parmesan "discs" as well as the ultimate crouton (very yummy!!)
Entrees were disappointing with the bolognese sauce being tasteless on homemade pasta. Someone in the kitchen must start tasting the food before it goes out!
The disruptions from the bar area were annoying as many patrons were tipsy and would leave the room and stand beside our table to hug and say good night! Not just annoying BUT rude!
Would not recommend to others or come here again.

Visited March 2014
Mobile,AL
“Tasty Mussels & Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had dinner at Frankie's earlier this week.
The bar area was closed that night and I ate in the main area of the restaurant which was open and inviting. The server was knowledgeable and helpful. The mussels that I had as an appetizer were well prepared and tasty. I ordered the Diavolo pizza which was quite acceptable but not outstanding.
I think that I'd consider Frankie's again if I was going to an event at B.C. Place Stadium, Rogers Arena or the theater but I wouldn't make Frankie's a restaurant "destination".

1 Thank MobileResident
White Rock, Canada
“Great meal and device”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stopped in for a quick bite before a concert. Although noisy and crowded we got a table in a corner. Excellent salads and quick friendly service. Highly recommended.

3 Thank Bob W
Victoria, BC
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We ate here based on other reviews and a tight schedule. The service was very efficient and the menu was inviting. The décor is nice but not cozy...hard to describe. The background music was not fitting - technopop or is that technopoop? Enough of the negatives. Anyway, we were very impressed with the food and the value offered. We started with an antipasti platter that offered excellent charcuterie, cheese and olives with a delicious made-in-house flatbread. Wine by the glass offered good value and excellent choice. The bar also has good draft beers. Our mains were a lamb shank and the special of the night - snapper with squash-stuffed gnocchi. The presentation was excellent and both dishes were very impressive both for quality and quantity. In fact there was no way that we could have had dessert. The lamb was delectable and the risotto was absolutely delightful. Every bite was a bit of heaven. My wife was equally impressed with her dish. The fish was very fresh and flash-fried to perfection. Again the accompaniments threatened to steal the show. She finished her dish faster than me which extols the skills of the chef. Our server was very good - attentive without being intrusive. All-in-all this was a great evening. Did I mention that the music was wanting?

4 Thank WindshearDon