“Service disappointing”

Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 3,894 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar offers traditional, simple and fresh Italian meals based on family recipes with the flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes in a contemporary but classic setting. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh house-made pastas and traditional comfort fare. The bar offers classic cocktails and the wine list is focused on well represented and down-to-earth British Columbia VQA wines and imported Italian wines. Frankie's, true Italian, family food & friends. Close to Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our review of the Georgian court, which this restaurant is a part of, already tells you about experience here. We had to ask for water, first time anywhere in BC. The waitress was keen to tell us how to tip! The food however was good.

1  Thank cel_longridge

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was blown away tonight by how awful this place handles its guests. This food was okay, our soup was a bit cold and our food was alright but the service was awful. We waited for a table even though there were tables available in front of us. Then we waited for our server, then we waited for our food. Everyone was running around ignoring us. It wasn't our servers fault, she was running around like crazy trying to help everybody the best she could but they obviously needed more people. She was helpful once she got to us and very apologetic. At one point we overheard our server ask a manager for help attending to an unhappy table to which he replied "don't tell me what to do!" Are you kidding me??? I felt so bad for the server she was obviously trying her best. She looked like she was going to cry. This is not the atmosphere I want to be in! Frantic people everywhere with alright food. I suggest going down the street.

1  Thank Tom L
Raffaele A, Owner at Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to read about your recent experience at Frankie's. Our staff and management work closely with each in order to provide excellent service. It is very uncharacteristic of our staff to be frantic as you witnessed particularly on a slower night.

We appreciate customer comments and will continuously strive to improve and offer excellent quality and service.

Regards

Raffaele Aiello
Proprietor
Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was a short walk from our hotel and fully met our requirements for our first night (after flight from UK): good pasta/pizza at reasonable price with friendly service. In fact we were so satisfied we went back another night.

1  Thank retiredat55
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were there early evening, but still was served wonderful lamb shanks. Fast and friendly service. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet before departing for the cruise ship.

1  Thank Queenmae
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went for my boyfriends birthday dinner before a concert ordered the garlic shrimp appetizer they were good except the garlic toast that came with it was burnt and had the burnt lines on it. I had the gnocchi dinner very small portion but that's ok I wouldn't have eaten them all, they were so doughy and undercooked ,my boyfriend had the stuffed seafood shells very dry not a lot of sauce and they really needed it. Service was ok she was hard to find when we needed her to send drink back (wrong one) and to get the bill .Had made reservation for 2 was put in middle of room in between to large tables I would think if its for 2 people they would be put in a booth or somewhere a little more intimate very hard to have a nice birthday dinner .

2  Thank Laura G