“Set your sights on this Italian culinary destination, and experience.”

Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 3,948 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar offers traditional, simple and fresh Italian meals based on family recipes with the flavours of southern Italy as well as newly inspired Italian dishes in a contemporary but classic setting. The menu offers a wide selection of fresh house-made pastas and traditional comfort fare. The bar offers classic cocktails and the wine list is focused on well represented and down-to-earth British Columbia VQA wines and imported Italian wines. Frankie's, true Italian, family food & friends. Close to Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Seeking an Italian food fix; this side of Italy; that will delight your tastebuds? Answer: Frankie's Italian Kitchen & Bar, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Our experience mid afternoon today was absolutely amazing. Beginning with the attentive friendly service of the staff who first greeted us with a smile and prompt seated us without reservations (although advised).

Table service was astounding. Ashley, our server was congenial with great timing both taking our order and delivering our order.

I knew at that time that the staff had great management both developing and looking after them. Soon I had the pleasure meeting Menno, Restaurant Manager. Menno is a personable man whom is passionate about food, and service quality. At the time he was with Judy the ajoining Hotel Manager. The Hotel Georgia Court is a property located across the street from the BC Place Stadium. Judy shared with us a story of how the master chef has such a command on quality of his sumputuous desserts among other culinary masterpieces. When you visit perhaps she'll share that story with you.

Now speaking of the food: My wife enjoyed the fresh beet salad with ethically sourced oceanwise prawns. The salad plate was fullfilling as it also included lentils, citrus, tomato, Italian cheese, and cilantro. She also shared with me the best classical tiramasu this side of Italy.

For myself I was indulging my tastebuds in a three course lunch which included antipasto, chicken breast with pasta, and of course that delightful Tiramasu. The antipasto was a delectible assortment of thinnly sliced Italian meats accompanied with Italian bread, olives, and cheeses. Bring your appetite for the savoury Chicken Breast with pasta. Both the chicken and pasta was cooked to perfection. The chicken was lightly covered with a mushroom gravy. The moist chicken absolutly melted in my mouth.

Need I say the dining environment was immpecably clean with pleasant jazz music providing soft background music to conversation. While pausing between topics of conversation you owe it to yourself to look around to see which special company you may be with besides your loved one.

Hope this review may benefit your search.

3  Thank Kevin from Victoria BC

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Superb Cannelloni for dinner. Good breakfast selelctions as well. Strong coffee which always gets my approval!

1  Thank DIALTWO
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to Frankie's to celebrate a birthday with a group of friends. Judy their catering manager put together the perfect menu for us.

The fresh pasta was absolutely amazing, and the thin crust pizza tasted like true Italian pizza.
They have a decent wine list with fair prices in a city where many other restaurants overcharge for wine.

The service was excellent, prompt and friendly. From the moment I walked in I felt welcomed. Make sure you try the classic Margherita pizza, fresh house-made rigatoni with Italian sausage, and chicken linguine. One of my friend had a gluten allergy and they had gluten free pasta in house which they substituted for the rigatoni.

Will definitely go again SOON!

2  Thank Alain M
Reviewed January 16, 2013

the pasta was great and the procutti wrapped scallops was tasty and the gotta try the tiramisu, lots of marsaconi easy on the lady fingers:)mmmmmmmm

1  Thank tina C
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had a fairly large group heading to a show afterwards. The staff handled our order so that we were able to enjoy and then head over to the queen E Theatre for the show. Food exceeded our expectations. The wait staff were friendly. The restaurant is nicely situated. To be able to get home made pasta with prices that are reasonable in DT Vancouver is great. Will definitely return. Try the Tuscan stew or the stuffed pasta dishes with a great chianti. We know Frankies from Chilliwack and love it!