“Always a amazing”

Neighborhood: Gastown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a amazing”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband eat at Nuba about once a week, and often take family here when they visit. The food always tastes amazing, plus they have lots of options for vegans!

Staff are friendly and efficient. ( quick to great us, take order when we are ready and clear plates ) all without making you feel rushed.

We usually go to the main and 3rd location, however we have had equal experiences at all.

Oakland, California
“Delicious Lebanese food!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My last meal in Vancouver was at Nuba, and it satiated my appetite!

My wife and I split three appetizers for our meal, and it was more than enough. We had Najib's Special, which is a delicious cauliflower dish. It was so good, we want to try to make it at home! We also had the Garden Falafel, which has 5 balls of falafel, and the Mjadra, which is a lentil-based dish. The cauliflower was probably our favorite of the three, but all of them were so tasty! They are also all vegan, gluten-free and soy-free, which helped my wife's dietary restrictions.

The atmosphere was nice, tucked away in the downstairs of a building. The service was also very good!

“yummy”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nuba occupies a nice little downstairs space that felt very cosy on the rainy night I was there last week. My friend and I are both vegetarian, and shared a starter of their special crispy fried cauliflower (delicious and unusual) and a main of the Lebanese potato dumplings (light and hearty at the same time). Really enjoyed the food and the cocktails, and everything tasted fresh, and the service was lovely. It got very crowded by 6:30 on a Thursday evening, so you might want to make reservations if you're getting there around that time. I arrived just before 6 and was seated with no problem.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great taste and perfect combination”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love the place.
Everything tastes great, there are not that much non-vegeterian options in the main menue, but there are wondeful options in hot mezze (or sth like that), and you can try more things with the same value as the main courses with meat

Victoria
“Healthy Tasty Mediterranean Food at Good Prices”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I am a big fan of Nubaand go there often when travelling to Vancouver. This time I brought my husband (I often go when travelling for work). He loved it as much as I did. I highly recommend Le Grand Feast for two to share, which gives you a sampling of many different dishes. Food is very fresh, wih great choices for vegetarians, vegans, and carnivores.