“Very good Lebanese food, cool location, ok service”
Review of Nuba Restaurant

Nuba Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 3,749 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good Lebanese food, cool location, ok service”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The West Broadway location is something to experience...a maze of rooms and levels. Very cool! Enjoyed the menu and food, service was touch and go.

• Visited December 2012

Victoria
“Fun and tasty lunch spot”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

In a funky area of West Hastings, this was a great spot for a light and tasty business lunch...spicy lamb, fresh vegetables and roast potatoes with a great sauce. Excellent fresh fruit and veg juices. Friendly, informal atmosphere. Lip smacking expressos.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Really Wonderful Lebanese Food at an Affordable Price”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went for dinner without a reservation at 6:30 on a Thurs night. Although they were nearly packed; they still seated us.

I love the ambiance of the restaurant. It has a lovely middle eastern touch.

We have eaten here many times and every time it seems to be better.
The service was so fast and friendly.
We shared and ordered 3 dishes perfect for a vegan but great for anyone:
Tabbouleh(salad): it was tastier than before. I love the dominance of the parsley with just the right amounts of bulgar, onion and tomatoes in Nuba's salad. So many other restaurants do not know how to make a proper Tabbouleh; but Nuba does!
Falafel Garden plate: 5 pieces of falafel, tahini and another sauce. It was baked just right!
Baba Ganooj: roasted eggplant dip with pita bread. This is one of our favorite dishes at this restaurant! We were so full, we didn't have room for dessert. The bill was about 23. not including the tip. This is a very popular restaurant and you will see why when you go there. Great food at a great price!

• Visited February 2013
“Unique!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great concept, food and atmosphere! I have been to all three locations and I had a nice dining experience every single time. The menu is rich and unique and can satisfy any type of diet. Big shout out for the golden cauliflowers (I get those every time). I usually don’t eat lamb but I don’t mind eating theirs; it is really good! Out of all the time I went, the only dish I was less satisfied with was the buttered chicken; it is one of the most pricy items on the menu and you don’t get a lot. Besides from that, I love this place and I will continue going on a regular basis!

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, BC Canada
“Healthy, fresh, great service, and best part Paleo friendly!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nuba is my bf and I's favorite restaurant to eat out at while we are on our paleo diet.Like I said in the title the food is always fresh, its healthy and its delicious!!

The create your own fresh juice always has us experimenting with different fruits and vegetables.

The place is always busy at lunch time or dinner but the service is always quick and attentive. The food is well plated, it looks as good as it tastes. They can run out of items throughout the night (yes its that good) but we were given a free round of drinks and free dessert now that is service!

There are so many good choices in the menu so my top 3 recommodations are:

1. Najib's special - Must try it!
2. Garden falafel - tasty!
3. Lamb kofta - melt in your mouth!

I've also tried the duck and again it was amazing.

We have been here many times at this location and Waldorf location, twice in the last month!

We also have thrown bday parties for big groups here and the service and set menu are great!

• Visited February 2013