“A touch of Middle East atmosphere and good food!”
Review of Nuba Restaurant

Nuba Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 3,915 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was craving tabbouleh and lately I've really enjoyed it at Nuba! It was tasty and fresh. My daughter and I shared it, as well as, the falafel and the babaganoush. I love their babaganoush! The falafel could have been a little lighter on the outside for me. We were too full to eat dessert.
The menu choices are mostly tradition but healthy, fresh and NOT heavy with oil like other places can be.

The servers were wonderful and if they are not make sure you ask for the manager. I love that I am able to carry a conversation without yelling.

We went early, around 5pm, on a Friday night and after 20minutes it started to fill up quickly.
The food is reasonably priced for what you get.
You can dress up or down for this place.
I definitely think is a a great date place or for a family.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The service was pretty slow but the place was super busy so I wasn't terribly upset. What annoyed me was the food. I've been to Nuba many times before, especially for lunch, where a plate comes with an array of humus, olives, salad, tabouli, and/or pickled onions. For dinner I ordered the backed eggplant. It was basically an Asian eggplant cut in half and grilled and then topped with basic tomato sauce like something out of a can and covered with a zig zag of white mystery sauce. The plate looked really pedestrian considering I was paying entre prices and the dish was something I could make at home. The flavour was bland and the eggplant wasn't properly cooked. There was no salad, olives, pickled onions etc. My friends each got a kebab of chicken with some bland lettuce on the side. I was kind of embarrassed for suggesting the restaurant! My husband on the other hand got the duck which is said was AMAZING and it came with veggies and some 'couscous risotto' which he still talks about. His dish looked amazing. I was confused about how any restaurant could send such different looking dishing to one table. You'd think that there would be some attempt to present our dishes as equally appealing. My friend's chicken looked dry and sad.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Have had Leabanese food before but not at a Lebanese restaurant. Lots of vegetarian choices. Had the Baba Ganooj with pita.good Ganooj, pita could have been better. The stuffed eggplant was good as was the potato dumpling dish (forgot the name -starts with an M) it was a lot like Italian potato dumpling. Had vegetables and was very tasty. Restaurant was busy on aWednesday eve.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent variety of dishes ordering 'la feast'. Perfect meal to sample different tastes. Friends ordered different entrees, fish and meat and were thoroughly pleased with their choices. Regrettably, for our friends, the lamb was sold out the evening we visited.

Service was excellent with an average ambiance.

We dined at the Kitsalano Nuba location and would go back and recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our vegan (meat dishes also available) dinner. Highly recommended Lebanese cuisine.

1  Thank simpletraveler560