“Christmas Carol Cruise -- Disappointed in service and food”
Review of Accent Cruises

Accent Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are located in the heart of beautiful Vancouver in Historic Granville Island. From the moment you embark on one of our yachts, whether you sit on the port or starboard sides, you will be guaranteed a breathtaking view. We cruise 365 days of the year to provide you with excellent service. All our cruises have a Cruise Director, and Serving Staff on board. We offer a wide variety of services for groups, events and individuals from 2 to 220.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Christmas Carol Cruise -- Disappointed in service and food”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Took my parents and teenage daughters on this cruise through a Buytopia special offer (six of us in total). We received confirmation for the "Burrard Queen" but when we picked up the boarding passes from the office, we were on the "Carousel" -- went back to the office to find out why and was told the 'Burrard Queen' was full and the "Carousel" was much nicer. Now we don't know for sure, but we felt like the ones with the discounted tickets got put on the Carousel and the service and food were equally "discounted" as well. Expensive drinks ($8.25 for half a glass of wine), rude server insisting on taking our credit card for running a tab (only ordered $2.25 coke which we paid for in cash), "buffet" dinner was served after about one hour into the cruise and was dished out by another server, cold pasta, three slivers of carrots, turkey was good, 1 small potato, some stuffing, and they brought us a tiny piece of carrot cake (tasted like Costco's) on a paper plate. Not impressed - as I said, not sure if they scrimped on the food because we had cheaper tickets -- but was very disappointed in that. My daughters were hungry when we came home at 11 p.m. The carol singing was fun although we found "Captain Rod" a bit overbearing. Nice to have seen the Christmas lights but next time we would probably try out another company.

1 Thank Dutchgirl101

parksville
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Overcrowded and overrated”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The view is lovely. That made it worth the trip. But the service was poor, the boat was over crowded and over booked. We were uncomfortably squished at our table with no room to move. It was clear their agenda was to just fill the boat.
Plastic table cloths were not pretty. Having to get up for coffee and tea was ludicrous as we were so crowded into the table it was nearly impossible for some to get out
The caroling was just us singing 3-4 songs.
The turkey dinner was decent, I did feel sorry for the tables called last as they had to wait so long for dinner.
I wouldn't choose this again.

1 Thank canadabanada
Langley City, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A very nice evening out”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I booked the carol ship cruise through a groupon - a 2 for 1, which was a very fair deal. When you call them to book, you also have to pay the taxes and gratuities but that's not out of the ordinary. The captain welcomed us on board (the ship was the 'Eloquent'), and the crew was very attentive and hard working. The dinner area was tastefully decorated. The buffet dinner was hearty and tasty. The turkey and stuffing were particularly good. Dessert was a chocolate cake served at the table. The food wasn't gourmet, but it was tasty and satisfying. Close to the end of the cruise we were handed song sheets and we sang a few christmas carols - everyone was singing and quite enjoyed themselves. We were even treated with a complementary hailstorm ;-) We went upstairs and got to peek into the captain's room and meet his mascot (an adorable schnauzer). All in all, a very pleasant night out, and would go again if another coupon comes out. Definately want to do this in the summer when it's light out and warmer.

Vancouver Island
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Enjoyable but Disorganized”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took our 2 children on a dinner cruise. I purchased discount coupons from TravelZoo, which is how I found out about the company. I made the reservations by phone 3 weeks prior to our cruise. However when my family and I showed up they didn't have us on the list as the man who took our reservation put us in by error the following month. But the woman in the office was able to ensure they could accommodate us. Also when I spoke to the man on the phone he informed us they did not have any high chairs and that we had to bring our own for our 10 month old so we did. Yet when we showed up there was a high hair available for a family that just showed up. They were 30 minutes late getting the cruise started so people were getting restless and hungry. They were understaffed so at times it took too long getting drinks. They nearly ran out of food on their buffet as people were going up for 2nds and 3rds before some people even got their first meal. The salmon was good. They offer Granville Island Brewery beer on board for $6.25 per can. The ship (The Burrard) is a bit outdated and in need of some repairs such as one out of only 2 stalls in the woman's bathroom does not have a door. I would not pay full price but with the discounted tickets for my husband and I, and the fact that my 2 children under 3 were free made it worth it. Nice way to see the Vity of Vancouver at night.

1 Thank canadianjess
Kamloops, Canada
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Nothing fancy but nice”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went on this dinner cruise last saturday night. We had a coupon that we'd purchased through TravelZoo so we only paid about half price. For that it was a good value.
It was very nice but I wish we would have gone earlier in the season so that it wouldn't have been dark for the whole trip. The food was not fancy but fine and the service was good. It was a buffet dinner and they also served drinks that were reasonably prices.
The trip was about 3 hours long and very nice. I would not do it paying full price again, but with my discount that I had it was worth it

Visited October 2012