“Overcrowded and overrated”
Review of Accent Cruises

Accent Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are located in the heart of beautiful Vancouver in Historic Granville Island. From the moment you embark on one of our yachts, whether you sit on the port or starboard sides, you will be guaranteed a breathtaking view. We cruise 365 days of the year to provide you with excellent service. All our cruises have a Cruise Director, and Serving Staff on board. We offer a wide variety of services for groups, events and individuals from 2 to 220.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The view is lovely. That made it worth the trip. But the service was poor, the boat was over crowded and over booked. We were uncomfortably squished at our table with no room to move. It was clear their agenda was to just fill the boat.
Plastic table cloths were not pretty. Having to get up for coffee and tea was ludicrous as we were so crowded into the table it was nearly impossible for some to get out
The caroling was just us singing 3-4 songs.
The turkey dinner was decent, I did feel sorry for the tables called last as they had to wait so long for dinner.
I wouldn't choose this again.

1  Thank canadabanada

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I booked the carol ship cruise through a groupon - a 2 for 1, which was a very fair deal. When you call them to book, you also have to pay the taxes and gratuities but that's not out of the ordinary. The captain welcomed us on board (the ship was the 'Eloquent'), and the crew was very attentive and hard working. The dinner area was tastefully decorated. The buffet dinner was hearty and tasty. The turkey and stuffing were particularly good. Dessert was a chocolate cake served at the table. The food wasn't gourmet, but it was tasty and satisfying. Close to the end of the cruise we were handed song sheets and we sang a few christmas carols - everyone was singing and quite enjoyed themselves. We were even treated with a complementary hailstorm ;-) We went upstairs and got to peek into the captain's room and meet his mascot (an adorable schnauzer). All in all, a very pleasant night out, and would go again if another coupon comes out. Definately want to do this in the summer when it's light out and warmer.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took our 2 children on a dinner cruise. I purchased discount coupons from TravelZoo, which is how I found out about the company. I made the reservations by phone 3 weeks prior to our cruise. However when my family and I showed up they didn't have us on the list as the man who took our reservation put us in by error the following month. But the woman in the office was able to ensure they could accommodate us. Also when I spoke to the man on the phone he informed us they did not have any high chairs and that we had to bring our own for our 10 month old so we did. Yet when we showed up there was a high hair available for a family that just showed up. They were 30 minutes late getting the cruise started so people were getting restless and hungry. They were understaffed so at times it took too long getting drinks. They nearly ran out of food on their buffet as people were going up for 2nds and 3rds before some people even got their first meal. The salmon was good. They offer Granville Island Brewery beer on board for $6.25 per can. The ship (The Burrard) is a bit outdated and in need of some repairs such as one out of only 2 stalls in the woman's bathroom does not have a door. I would not pay full price but with the discounted tickets for my husband and I, and the fact that my 2 children under 3 were free made it worth it. Nice way to see the Vity of Vancouver at night.

1  Thank canadianjess
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went on this dinner cruise last saturday night. We had a coupon that we'd purchased through TravelZoo so we only paid about half price. For that it was a good value.
It was very nice but I wish we would have gone earlier in the season so that it wouldn't have been dark for the whole trip. The food was not fancy but fine and the service was good. It was a buffet dinner and they also served drinks that were reasonably prices.
The trip was about 3 hours long and very nice. I would not do it paying full price again, but with my discount that I had it was worth it

1  Thank Sue A
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This company misled me, got me down on false pretenses, and out and out right lied to me.

I would never do business with them.

STAY AWAY!!!!!