“My New Favorite Spa in Vancouver” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Pacific Rim

Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Pacific Rim
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vancouver spa is perched on the 5th floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel; with a focus on pure and natural, the first Willow Stream spa in Vancouver is a perfect fit with the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Surrounded in water views, the spa offers nine treatment areas, including a couples’ room with deep Japanese Zen tub, a Nail Spa, three lounges (two with fireplaces), outdoor spa terrace and a full fitness centre.Treatments are a full hour or 90-minutes but guests can linger longer and take full advantage of our Vancouver spa’s facilities, including tranquil lounges; a yoga studio; and a boutique offering Willow Stream signature products. Ideal for groups or pampering parties, spa-goers can also enjoy lifestyle cuisine while they relax.
Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“My New Favorite Spa in Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I've gone several times for an RMT massage. I love the facilities. You also get to use the gym if you feel so inclined. The private multi-sensory shower is unbelievable! The steam room is much larger than Spa Utopia (my former favorite spa). The hot tub has a partial view of the ocean. I think that this will be incredible in the summer when the patio is open for lounging as well. The infrared sauna is very small...great when I am alone but not so great for sharing. The teas are fabulous! The muffins and cookies are on the decadent side...but hey! We're treating ourselves when we are in the spa... As a President's Club member, you get 10% off and free valet parking...wonderful when parking is at a premium downtown...

Visited November 2011

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best spa experience of all time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

I was working an event in Vancouver and decided to steal away for a quick treatment at the new Willow Stream spa. I got a facial, which went as one would expect from a Fairmont Spa but what really blew my mind was the shower just off the steam room. It's a room unto it's own and overlooks where the Olympic torch was and waterfront. Seriously, take time to experience the spa amenities. This show had full body jets but best of all, it had a waterfall rain head that came out of the roof. It really was an escape on its own.

Visited February 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice amenities - prices too high for quality of services”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I arrived early so I could shower and steam. The showers were nice because they were private with a lockable door. The experimental shower was also private with computer controls for shower mists and jets.

The steam room was huge white and bright and very hot. I steam on a regular basis and 10 minutes in this one was enough.

The ladies lounge was nice but was full when I was told to wait in there for my pedicure.

My massage was good. I had a full body sports massage. The massage should have had stretches since it was a sports massage. My lunch was 25 min late. Which was a little annoying because I wanted time to use the hot tub before my pedicure.

My pedicure was not good. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I've had way better pedicures for $20. It was also cut close to 15 minutes short. $79 for 45min basic pedicure is crazy. I did complain even though I hate to do this but my complaint was legit. My feet were not even buffed or scrubbed. They use the nail file to scrub your feet? Weird. I did receive 15% off for my time being cut. Honestly, I would have preferred to not pay for the service as it was a complete waste of money. I did speak with the manager and she wanted to offer me another pedicure but I am traveling on business and didn't have the time. I know that they wanted me to leave with a positive experience.

The overall appearance of the spa is nice but I've been to other spas that are just as nice with lower prices and better quality services.

Tea (a nice variety) apples, banana, and muffins were complimentary.

Free valet parking was a definite bonus in busy down town Vancouver.

I had high expectations and some of them were met. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff of the spa. Including the hotel staff. I liked the spa uniforms. The massage therapists and estheticians wore different colors which made it easier to identify them from front desk staff. The massage therapists uniforms looked very professional.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank L4M4A4R
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Operations at Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for selecting Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Pacific Rim! We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Be assured that this is not commonplace nor acceptable. We value your feedback and have reviewed your experience and feedback with our colleagues in order to prevent it from reoccurring in the future. I would invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your feedback. Please feel free to contact me by email at rudolf.gimmi@fairmont.com. All of us at the Willow Stream Spa look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Rudi Gimmi