“Loved My First Foodie Tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gastown Walking Food Tour
Ranked #3 of 56 Food & Drink in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Taste Vancouver Food Tours provides visitors and Vancouverites with an entertaining and tantalizing food tasting and cultural adventure into Vancouver's food scene. Our walking food tours are a great way to experience the savory tastes, sounds and sights of Vancouver's many great eateries, pubs and shops. Tours are led by one of our fun and entertaining tour guides. Laugh and learn while you get to experience tasting adventures through Vancouver's unique neighborhoods. Great food, beverages, lots of fun and entertainment.
Surrey, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Loved My First Foodie Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I invited 5 other friends to join my husband and I on this tour of Gastown and we were rewarded with an excellent opportunity to learn a bit of history, make some new friends and enjoy the variety of foods offered. Great way to know the restaurants in the area - already have three new favourites to come back to. We live out in Surrey and didn't think there was a need to travel downtown to eat good food but now we know that is not true. My friends really enjoyed the tour as well and we all agreed to come back downtown and eat at the restaurants we toured. Gassy Jack's character was good and if you engage with him and the others you will find that it can an enjoyable experience. If you just stand there and not participate you may not find out how much fun it can be - what you put in is what you get out - you put in nothing you get nothing. We all laughed ate and drank and enjoyed. And yes, after the tour we went back to Steamworks for the beer and nachos!

Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A tasty way to see Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently took this walking tour of the Gastown area in Vancouver, Canada. As locals we were pleasantly surprise of that we didn't know about the area that was comically related to us by the famous "Gassy Jack" caracter who led this 2.5 hour tour. Along the was we enjoyed everything from Lobster Mac & Cheese, Oatmeal Stout and onto chocolate & maple syrup tastings and more. This was an entertaining way to get a fresh view of the city we love.

gillybean604
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A variety filled lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Found out about this tour through Groupon. The two hours went by quick. I enjoyed the food we were offered and gave me a taste of the different restaurants in Gastown. It was nice to be able to walk through the neighbourhood and learn about its history. I gave it 4/5 because I think the portion sizes could've been bigger. Some were literally sample sizes (eg.- a fork of cake or a slice of cookie); in retrospect, I also don't think it was $40 worth of food we ate. But it was fun. I did not leave stuffed but I was comfortably full. Also we got coupons to the places we visited and ended up using two that day.

1 Thank gillybean604
Vancouver, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Disappointing....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I took this tour as a local after purchasing tickets on Groupon. I must say I learned many interesting facts about Gastown from "Gassy Jack" which I wasn't aware of and sampled many different foods. I have taken a food tour in Honolulu which put this tour to shame. The tour operators for the Gastown tour did not engage the group. I felt they had a job to do and wanted to quickly finish the tour to get on with their day. I agree with previous posters about the sample sizes. A small taste of cheesecake handed to you at the end of a fork- really? The pasta served in 2 stops was ample. All other sample sizes were smaller than what I have received for free at Costco. There was no choice of beer to try, or chocolate to sample etc. while on my Honolulu food tour, lots of options were given and serving sizes very generous. While overall I am satisfied, this would not have been the case if I had paid full price.

2 Thank Jodie W
Concord, California
“Best way to see Gastown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Gassy Jack took us on an incredible eating, walking tour of Gastown. The food was so good and the quantity was way more than expected. We had done the same tour in Seattle and were only given small servings of each item. The history we learned of the area was invaluable. We ended up back at one of the restaurants (Steamworks) for dinner!

Visited July 2012