“A few kinks”

Fun City Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun City Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off- CLOSED
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I bought this tour through groupon, for half -price, which was a steal. We tried to start on the first bus of the day but one of the buses was broken down so it was not an open-air bus, and it was very late. The tour-guide on this bus (younger guy) was funny but not very informative and kinda made us feel lke he just wanted us off the bus. We got off and when we got back on our tour-guide was fantastic. I do not have his name, but he was older (than the first guide) and very knowledgeable and funny. Next time I would take the tour early in my visit so I know where to go on my following days, or buy the 2 day pass to go at a leisurely pace.

If the tour guide isn't suiting your preference, hop off and wait for the next bus!

1  Thank iwillgothere

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were so excited to take this tour. We are locals of the city and bought a Groupon for this so we can play tourists in our own city. We were hoping to learn some interesting facts about the city all in a while getting to ride around town. We waited about 20 minutes for the bus to arrive, which was fine. The bus driver was friendly and the tour guide greeted us warmly and asked everyone on the bus where they were from. The route was well done and stopped at all the highlights of the city. That's as far as I can go with the compliments. The tour guide was negative and sarcastic about Vancouver. He was unenthusiastic about the city and offered little to no information on anything. Instead, he pointed out many things he did not like about the city. He is of course allowed to have these feelings, but I did not think the tour was an appropriate place for a soapbox. The second tour guide was much better and provided more information, but there was too much time spent trying to joke around with the tourists (who did not seem that amused). Although I appreciate the interactive aspect of this tour, it was poorly balanced with a lack of facts and stories about the city. It was a waste of money and I feel bad for those who spent full price on this. Besides a ride around the city, travelers should not expect much more than that. I would go with a different tour.

3  Thank Amanita
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My Mom and I came to Vancouver for the first time and were planning on taking the "Big Bus" to sightsee. After waiting for quite a while, a friendly agent came up to us at our stop and suggested we take their company's bus. She said it was the better tour as the "Big Bus" had recorded commentary. What a great decision to take the alternative!! We went on the bus several times throughout the week (hop-on hop-off style). There were different tour guides, each were VERY funny and knowledgeable about the areas we travelled. Especially Jeff, (hilarious) he was the guide on a couple of our trips and had great suggestions of where to go and what to see. SO glad that we chose this company to show us beautiful Vancouver for the first time. Fantastic!

2  Thank SamanthaQB
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were at Stanley Park and called the number on the side of the bus and within 20 mintues the bus was there to pick us up. We had a fabulous time and Jeff the tour guide made our day explaining to our special needs friends about where they were going and about the buildings. Jeff made it so much fun by calling them by their name and saying "look over here boys" Jeff even gave them blueberries to snack on. The men got off the bus with huge smiles with one talking non-stop about the good time he had. The other fellow is non-verbal and he was grinning ear to ear and laughing and he repeated "fun day" all the way home. Jeff and the driver made it a trip of a lifetime for both of our friends. I would highly recomended this tour with Jeff and the excellent driver. We will go again!

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Upon getting ready to get our money back after two terrible tours by Don and Tim, tour guide Jeff spotted our brochure. He could sense we weren't happy and reluctant to get on the bus. After explaining to him that Don was on his phone while giving a tour, and Tim was more concerned about making the tour about himself, Jeff promised to give us an amazing tour, he was extremely passionate, so we got on. Jeff's love for the city of Vancouver was evident, he had an unbelievable sense of humor and people skills that both Don and Tim lacked. Jeff's approach is unique and he's to be commended for making two unhappy people very happy. We would recommend the tour but only with Jeff, he was great. Way to go Jeff!

3  Thank slipbak