“Just aweful!!!”

Greenbrier Hotel
Ranked #76 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Switzerland
Reviewed October 24, 2005

didn't stay at this hotel because the room was stinking and was a smoker room, which wasn't telled!

the best: NEVER GOT THE MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 18, 2005

We spent two nights here. I had reserved using Hotels. Ended up paying more for this room than any of the other (and much nicer) rooms on our entire vacation. (we stayed in Seattle, Olympic National Park, and Victoria before staying here on the last leg of our trip). Not a pleasant way to end the vacation.

Upon arrival, I checked in and was told that there would be an additional charge for a suite (There shouldn't have been, since I booked and prepaid on hotels) When I disputed, they said not to worry...but then I got stuck with this crummy room.)

Room smelled stale. We left the window open for both days but the smell did not improve. (Had requested a non-smoking room, but got smoking instead). Scratches and holes in the walls. Dirty carpets. Not enough towels (had to request additional ones).
The parking garage had old mattresses leaning against walls taking up several parking spaces. Broken tile on the steps going up; the garage door was supposed to open with our room key, but did not, so we had to get it reset.

I could go on, but choose not to. Should have visited tripadvisor before booking this in the first place.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle
Reviewed September 4, 2005

Let me start with the good points
1. Great location
2. Some people in the staff were very helpful
3. My car's battery was drained out, helped me jump start it.
4. Good and prompt maid service

Cons:
1. Suite hotel, I did not know this.
2. Filty rooms , paid 160 a night for these rooms.
3. Got smoking even when I had specifically asked for non smoking
4. Messed up my bill, even though it was refunded later, u cant make mistakes like charging a customer twice
5. Looks like family business, no professional management.
6. No ACs

Would I stay again, no

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Paris, France
Reviewed August 21, 2005

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights with my 2 kids and husband. At first I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews but I contacted the hotel directly and requested a spacious clean room to fit my family and I was offered a newly renovated suite.
We arrived and the lobby was totally different from what we had seen on the website. We liked and felt better after speaking to its helpful staff.
The location was very convenient and easy to walk to many attractions around the hotel. The rooms where comfortable, clean and very spacious perfect for us. And its value was the best for what it was.
The staff where very helpful and made us feel very welcomed.
If we come back to Vancouver, we will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rossland, BC
Reviewed May 24, 2005

Reserved a clean, non-smoking kitchenette suite for 5 people 6-8 weeks in advance.

Had to pay in full upon check-in which is unheard of even in the largest cities.

First room was filthy and stunk of cigarettes and the carpet had numerous burns in it (obviously not a non-smoking room).

Second room did not smell too bad but was still not clean.

There were 2 towels for 5 people and no facecloths. Not enough dishes or cutlery in the cupboards either and no kitchen towels. When we complained at the front desk we were reluctantly given 2 more forks and 1 more towel. Still not enough for the number of people booked into the room.

After spending some time in the room the member of our group who suffers from asthma was having difficulties breathing and we were forced to find another place to stay.

We checked out and they would not refund us for the first night but did refund the remaining nights.

This hotel is not newly renovated as stated on the internet. The hallways have been done and the front lobby is almost complete but the rooms I saw were filthy and smelly. Dirty carpets full of burn marks, moldy bathrooms and walls that have not been washed in I don't know how long, cob webs, rotton bathroom vanity, peeling paint, holes in sofa, stained linens and the list goes on.

Don't let the BC Tourism Approved Accomodation sign fool you - stay in different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle
Reviewed May 24, 2005

Stayed there around the time of Carribean Festival in Vancouver. For the quality of the accomodations, it is substantially overpriced. The lighting in our room was horrible and the smell was impossible to get rid of, even with the windows open. Another dissapointment on Robson St. Tip: Beware of the Robston Street Hotels.

• Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chilliwack
Reviewed January 8, 2005

This hotel was disgusting, smelly and dirty. They messed up my reservations and failed to honour the rates quoted over the phone. I definitely would not stay here and would be embarassed if this is what tourists evaluate Vancouver on!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member