“value for money”
Review of Greenbrier Hotel

Greenbrier Hotel
Ranked #76 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Good value for money. Compared to other hotels in Vancouver this is certainly cheap. Very good location on Robson Street. Nice, large rooms especially the executive suites. Comfortable beds and large TV.
Cooking facilities are minimal and you need to ask for extra stuff at the reception. The breakfast however cannot really be called that. It consists only of a few biscuits and tea/coffee.

Room Tip: Better to have a room facing away from Robson street to reduce disturbance at night.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank RBNBangalore

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed 3 nights here. The good:

- large room
- nice shower with enough power to clean you good
- bed was good with soft pillows
- thick curtains that made the room very dark even at full light outside
- personnel was very helpful

The less good:
- breakfast was bad. Only some muffins, coffee and tea. Would be nice with some toast and orange juice
- hotel was quite old as were the rooms quite dull and gray
- the price was steep for what you got. Would expect free parking at that price ($140)

All in all an Ok place just in the center with only minutes to Stanley park, but some refurbishing would be nice.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Donvegardo
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed there only 2 nights in 1st week of june. Room was huge its like an apartment. Guest service was extreamly helpful not like a 3 hotel. They gave us lots of information about vancouver attractions and arranged for us city tour. Hotel close to everywhere especially stanleypark seawall and lots of nice restaurants. If your budget around 140 per night I strongly recomment greenbrier hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Jjhalibut
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We went to Vancouver for a week with my friends. We found this hotel through hotwire. Our hotel staff was very friendly and concerned about us. Room was very big and clean. We weren't expected this big room in downtown. It is like an apartment.
The breakfast was enough, and it is include the room price. I have checked other hotels but it is extra $20 for breakfast. For us the most important thing was clean, quite room and helpful staff and we got all. Thanks Greenbrier Hotel and all their staff, they even planned our days in Vancouver, so we saw all wonderful places there. Definetely we will come back and tell our friends.
Cheers,
PC

Room Tip: Great staff, big and clean room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank PNR_11
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Best things is renovated hotel, excellent staff and location. Our luggage was lost by flight company, I felt terrible at airport. However hotel staff was very helpful they organized and followed our staff. We stayed there 4 days and had a huge suite. Definitely I suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stmalo83
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Firstly, has no air conditioning or elevators...Got my room for two nights stay through hotwire, which had promised a suite. i also placed a request for room on main floor. When I got there, they gave me the smallest room with dirty washrooom right next to the reception. They said there was no other room available. I asked the front desk clerk at night if they could change my room the next day, and he promised as long as I was ready before 11 am in the morning. Next morning, the supervisor, Sam was there, who changed the story and said that a suite room would cost me $20 + taxes extra., and that if i had a probem about the room, i should contact hotwire. I was really annoyed at his behaviour and his customer service skills. Finally, the other receptionist at the hotel, Sarah, sympathized with us and got us the room we wanted at no extra charge. Sam is a crook and Sarah should be the supervisor instead. Be sure to deal with Sam carefully and get everything in writing. Also the continental breakfast offered is horrible. There are other hotels nearby that offer good prices as well, so avoid this if you can.

Room Tip: get everything in writing. Talk to Sarah.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank djZ2011
GB-GuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Greenbrier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Sir / Madam

First of all thank you very much for your review.I have already sent a quick email regarding to our upgrade procedure about your free upgrade request. According to our contract with Hotwire, they never emphasize the room type on their reservation list. The way hotwire working is they sell the last rooms in the property with very discounted price. If you would like to have an upgrade, guest needs to make arrangements with front desk at the time of check in. Even though your booking was not able to get you a complimentary upgrade, Sarah and Sam was kind enough to arrange a new suite for your stay on your second day.

It is true that unfortunately we do not have any ACs in the rooms however we do provide fans upon request during the any time of year and we never promote that on our website or anywhere else we do have ACs in the room.

Yes we are only three floor hotel and we do not have elevators too but our courteous front desk staffs are always willing to help you with your luggage. Your both rooms are on the first floor as you requested, I don't know why you had to use stairs during your stay ?

During your check-in I was at the desk and I did not get any complain about your room was not clean enough. If you had informed me in timely manner I would definitely arrange some other options for you to choose.

Sam and Sarah are both valuable staff in our team. All room changes and upgrades need to be authorized by me. Thank you very much for your supervisor suggestions, we will definetly consider about it in the near future, however not having a complimentary upgrade from Sam does not make him crook, or getting upgrade trough Sarah not enough to make her supervisor.

As I mentioned on my previous email, Hotwire never offers continental breakfast included the room rate. If you have confirmation from hotwire regarding to this matter, please send the confirmation you have and I will get a compensation trough Hotwire for you. Beside those we do have some snacks during the morning time such as croissants, muffins, bagels, tea and coffee as a complimentary base for all of our guests.

Thank you very much for your valuable review, we will keep to offer great value for our future guests in the middle of downtown Vancouver.

Best Regards.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

i stayed there 3 nights. Hotel was in very good location , right middle of downtown. it was close to everywhere ( night clubs , restaurants , shopping etc.). Also price was a pretty good considering other hotels around. I dont know about other rooms but the room i stayed was pretty big for a hotel room and it was very clean which is most important thing for me.Also people who works there were very friendly to me , it helped me a lot in the . Thanks to Greenbrier. it was very green and friendly :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank JayJayAlian

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Greenbrier Hotel. It is good to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Vancouver. We will keep to offer great value with exceptional service and friendly guest relations in the middle of Downtown Vancouver.

We would like to see you again during your next stay in Vancouver.

Best Regards,