“Great location and property”

Vancouver Extended Stay
Irvine, California
“Great location and property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

We visited Vancouver for a bachelor party with a group of four. No complaints, the place had enough room for all of us and had great views of the city.

Room Tip: Get a top floor to have great views of the city.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed the year before last in another place in Vancouver and did not enjoy it.
This time around I stayed here through a friends request that lives in the city and
myself and my husband were surprised and pleased for what we received for a reasonable
price. I recommend this place for anyone staying for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed here while on business in Vancouver and was totally impressed! The service is very personal and the apartments are spacious and extremely clean. I have stayed in many hotels and extended stays and this is one of the best I have experienced.

I will be sure to return here and highly recommend it.
Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stayed here recently, and I have to say that I am not at all impressed with these suites. The apartment was very small, with cheap, sub standard furnishings, stained carpets and a terrible mold smell coming from the washrooms. All in all it was very overpriced for what we got, I would have been better staying at a lower budget hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank gregj98
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

We loved the apartment. The views from every window were FANTASTIC! The location was great for walking everywhere or taking buses conveniently. Apartment was perfectly equipped for a one month stay - we needed only our clothes and just purchased food supplies as needed. Kitchen well equipped - we only added cookie/muffin tins for in-house baking - everything else was there that we needed.
Bedrooms are small, but perfectly adequate. If you're disturbed by city or traffic noise, this might affect your sleep (sleeping with windows open in the summer), but if you are, then perhaps you should stay a little further away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown core.
Check in was a little awkward. We flew in late internationally, and directions to check in weren't totally clear, nor how to get into the building or where to park while trying to figure that out. As expat Vancouverites, we were fine with that as we know the area, but that could have been stressful for out-of-towners.
Other than that, service was fine, weekly housekeeping did a good job, and we enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

Fantastic Hotel!

My family and I had travelled in Vancouver, BC in middle of May2008. With the hotel location being just a block or so off Robson, it was easy to carry back all our shopping bags from a day on Robson. For the kids, we wanted to see many sightseeing activites, and it was quite easy to access train or taxi within walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel room had a fantastic view of downtown, which made it easy to wake up early to watch the sun and the hussle of the city come to life.

Would definately recommend the Residences on Georgia, and would look to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Although this was a nice sized apartment in a very nice part of town, I was not happy with the way the place was kept nor with their approach to customer care. Money seems to be a bigger concern for the managers of this apartment.

.Firstly, they charge over $2000 a month for an upmarket apartment, and on top of this $150 plus VAT to clean it - yet the place was in poor repair and really tired looking. Within the first week I was there, the washing machine broke down, the toilet didn’t fill (never did for the whole of the two months I was there) and the windows were so dirty, the view was spoiled. Light bulbs were missing, and there were marks and stains on the furniture and the walls. For the price they charge, and the cleaning fee, you’d think they could keep the place in a better state of repair. I tried to clean the windows myself - the cloth was filthy black after a few wipes!

It soon became apparent that I would have to ask several times for things to be done or refunded. The manager’s refrain was always, “I forgot!”

When I left the apartment, there was no interest paid on the deposit I had paid. I do not know if there should have been any. The deposit was not returned for over two weeks, and then only after I had to ask for it several times.

To add insult to injury, I was charged $10 for breaking a cup and a saucer. For one thing, I used only mugs while I was there and didn’t even take the cups and saucers out of the cupboard. And secondly, the crockery provided was basic crockery barn stuff, worth a dollar each at most. Again, I had to complain several times about this before getting any action. Eventually I received the usual refrain, “I forgot to credit your visa” when they decided to reverse the charge.

It seems to me this company is out for every penny it can get while spending as little as possible on the upkeep of the place.

I would avoid this place if I were you; there is much better value for your money out there (and much better customer care).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo