2,619 results
All reviewsyaletown locationglass of sparkling wineheated floorsgreat boutiquefalse creekcanada lineyale townturn down servicecar servicerestaurants and barsgranville islandskytrain stationsea wallfront desk staffvisiting vancouvercontinental breakfastvalet parking
Reviewed February 7, 2011

If I could rate this hotel 6 out of 5 stars I would! Great staff, great location. I went up for New Years and it was my first visit to Vancouver, BC. The staff took care of all of us. Very clean hotel and in a great neighborhood. My friends and I ended up staying there for 3 days and never really left the area.

I would highly recommend this hotel. It's staff is wonderful and made my friends and I feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rvh1980
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My experience at Opus was amazing! The staff was the nicest hotel staff Ive ever encountered, the hotel itself was beautiful and the rooms (I stayed in two different ones) were absolutely perfect, urban hip, comfortable and clean.
The location was fantastic and so close to restaurants, bars, and entertainment.
I have stayed at many Vancouver hotels and i would only choose Opus from now on.

Love the concept and vision! Way to go Opus!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katykite
Reviewed February 3, 2011

From the moment we arrived, we received impeccable service ... from valet to front desk, the service was outstanding! Every employee that greeted made us feel special in every way ... the offering of a glass of champagne at the front desk when we checked was a wonderful and unexpected treat!
Our room did not disappoint, very trendy, very hip ~ exceptionally clean, the decor was 1st class.
For us, the Opus is located in a fabulous area of Yaletown, countless restaurants/lounges were only steps away. The staff at the front desk at checkout were warm and friendly and our overall experience has solidified, in our minds, that the Opus Hotel is a must on our next visit to Vancouver. ~~ Do checkout the "100 Days Restaurant/Lounge", we agreed it was not only hip, happening and bustling every night we were there, definitely one of THE places to be in Vancouver! ~~

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kellie002
Reviewed January 24, 2011

First, I tried to book the room using my iphone and their website is not iphone compatible. I then went on the computer and saw 4 different "non-refundable rates" all at different prices with no descriptions. I called the hotel to get an explanation on the different prices, I wanted to know why they were all different (ie, bigger room, more perks, etc) but the person in reservations did not know the answer. I then booked one of the non refundable rooms online using a debit VISA card and everything was good, got a confirmation. I even called to inform them I was bringing my puppy and to double check that everyhting was ok as they let me know that the card will be charged immediately rather than at check in, and the person on the other line said yes, and repeated all the specifics.
When I got to the hotel, the valet was nowhere to be found, I parked in front, got the dog as well as our bags out of the car myself and went inside. There, I was informed that the card "declined", I told them it was not possible and called the credit/debit card company immediately. They told me that all was good with the card, but that the hotel was not set up to accept these new cards yet (it is a CIBC canadian card by the way). The bank suggested that they run it as a debit, and the person at the front desk at Opus was EXTREMELY rude, she did not even know how to ring in a debit card and had to get help from someone else. The attitude that we received from the woman at the front desk was shocking - she even raised her voice at us. The other hotel clerk was much nicer, calmer and was able to charge the card (after 15 minutes at the check in) with no problems. The valet who was quite friendly did come eventually and moved the car. After our glass of champagne (which was much needed at this point), we got our room key and we went up to our room with the dog and the bags (no bellhop). When we got to the floor we realised that the room was right next to the elevator, the abolute closest and noisiest room on the entire floor (remember we had a puppy....and naturally all dogs will jump and be anxious when they hear noises). the room was terribly noisy and our dog was quite stressed out (and we traveled with him before and did not have this problem).

The room was quite clean (except for a small wet stain that smelled like stain remover) near the bathroom. the TV was old, the signal was horrible and the menu was so difficult to use that we got frustrated immediately. room service took quite a while, but the hotel clerk who brought it was very nice and friendly.
We talked to someone at the bar who said that the hotel had complimentary service (which we did not know about), so we called the front desk for the car to take us to a restaurant near by, and she said the car is out...and did not know when to expect it back...ok.....
We also overheard something about a complimentary coffee from another guest, so the next morning we ordered one single cappuccino but when we asked if it was complimentary for hotel guests, they rudely answered NO! we went online and found out we were supposed to order the latte....oh well...

At checkout again we got attitude, rolled eyes and no smiles. Again, nobody helped with the bags...

Overall, it is not what I expected. The customer service was touch and go. We would have really appreciated if the check in agent would have asked us if it was our first time there, let us know the perks....etc, but this did not happen.

Overall, bad experience !!! Although at least it balanced out with the exceptional service and great experience we had at the Blue Water Cafe (also reviewed on tripadvisor)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2011

My husband and I just spent our last night in Vancouver at the Opus. The service was very nice - we were offered champagne upon arrival at the hotel. The lobby and rooms are very hip and trendy - we totally didn't feel cool enough to be staying there! We didn't enjoy the restaurant at all, but the lounge area was a great place for a drink. The location was great - loved walking around Yaletown. I think it was just a bit out of our comfort zone!

• Stayed: January 2011