“Wonderful Overnight”

Ranked #6 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful Overnight”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Spent last Saturday night at the Opus. Was a wonderful surprise and delight, as I had booked through Jetsetter and had really forgotten what amenities were included. Loved the location as it was minutes walk to the restaurant scene, and specifically the one I had reserved through Open Table. The lobby was cool, service prompt and cordial. The room was the real surprise. We were right above the lobby and the bathroom faced the street/bus stop, with a wall of windows. Quite cool and privacy not an issue as there are 2 levels of shades. The look was ultra modern. The shower was as close to a steam shower as you can get, with a rain head and deluxe shower products. Had also forgotten that Ipads are an extra amenity to be used on and off property. Cool since I've never used an Ipad and it was a great excuse to explore with it. The on site restaurant was perfect for breakfast, as we had to leave early in the morning. Can't say enough about the quick stay. We definitely return.

Room Tip: Sure there's a little noise as this is a warehouse district with bars, restaurants and clubs. B...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear mica60,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with OPUS, and for taking the time to share your comments. We have continued to hear great feedback since we added iPads to all of the guest rooms, and were happy to read how you truly got to enjoy using the one in your room! Thank you again for your kind words of support, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS!

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had a fabulous time staying at the Opus. We spent 4 nights there in early August on a family vacation. We could not have loved this hotel more. It is in an ideal location -- across the street from the Subway and in the heart of Yaletown, which is the coolest, trendiest neighborhood in Vancouver.
The hotel itself is beautiful. It is a boutique hotel; really stylish and beautifully appointed. Our room was great -- corner room with floor to ceiling windows, two flat-screen tv's, beautiful bathroom.
Best of all was the hotel staff. Could not have been nicer, more friendly or more helpful. They had tons of great suggestions on where to eat, what to do, where to visit, etc. They were absolutely great!
Overall, we had a flawless experience here. If/when we go back to Vancouver, no question that we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors will likely be a bit noisy; this is a very active, vibrant neighborhood.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear peter z,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at OPUS, and for taking the time to pass along your feedback. We loved reading your description of the neighborhood, but most of all seeing how impressed you were with the service the team provided! Thank you for your kind words of support, and we hope we get an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The neighborhood this hotel is in (Yaletown) is one of the most 'desirable' areas of downtown...and given the fact that most hotels are 10-15 min walk from here, Opus has some location advantage. But, their positioning as a 'hip', upscale boutique hotel is not something they are pulling off at all. The rooms are small, and layed out in a 'bizarre' way (no windows to the bedroom and a kind of 'open' bathroom which is ALL windows to neighboring buildings)....besides that, it could use an 'update' and the lobbtely and restaurant/bar just aren't very 'cool' compared to what they're trying to be....service ispretty good, but overall, given the rates and compared to 'real' hip-hotels in other cities (e.g. ACE Hotels, or even the better W's) this place isn't worth the $$.

Room Tip: higher up is probably better......
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear MAB430,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments from your recent stay with us. While we were happy to read your feedback describing our service and location, I wanted to apologize for the room configuration failing to meet your expectations.

We would love to have an opportunity to showcase one of our many unique room layouts based on your preferences, and provide a truly memorable OPUS experience. Hopefully you will reconsider coming back to the property, as our brand new OPUS Bar will be opening in mid November, and promises to be an exciting new addition to the property.

Please contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com should you have any questions or requests, and I would be happy to assist in anyway possible. Thank you again for choosing to stay at OPUS, and for passing on your feedback.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This hotel has so many things going for it - location, boutique size, amenities, style, charm, real windows that open (!), nicely appointed bathroom, lovely restaurant and coffee shop attached, etc. Even with all of that, the one thing that makes this hotel stand out even more is the exceptional service by every single staff person I encountered on my stay. I'm pretty sure that I talked to almost everyone who works there (small hotel, different shifts, etc.) and EVERYONE was helpful, friendly, down-to-earth and professional, without exception. From the valets/front desk staff to the guy who delivered my ice and water was super. Well done, Opus!

On a sidenote, Opus Hotel reminded me of a great place I stayed at while in Sweden (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189839-d1580844-Reviews-Renaissance_Malmo_Hotel-Malmo_Skane_County.html). I had to look it up because I thought it might have been affiliated...it's not, but it felt very similar.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear seattlearc,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with OPUS. We couldn't have been happier to read how the staff and the service they provided was what impressed you the most! We will ensure to pass along your comments to the entire team, with a special acknowledgment to the Valet and the Front Desk departments! Thank you again for your kind words of support, and for taking the time to forward along feedback. We will now look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS in the future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Always satisfated of the great employees and service I receive at the Opus.
The location is perfect, very convenient.
i recommand to stay at the Opus, for business, romantic trip, with friends and family.

Valérie

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valerie L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We were very pleased to read just how much you enjoyed your recent stay at OPUS, and how you described us as having the best service in town! We appreciate your kind words of support, and will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS!

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2014

This boutique hotel wowed me from making the reservation till departure. The beautifully decorated room had attention to detail. The staff made me feel welcome and at home. I stayed there about a year ago and even the concierge remembered me. Small little things that make a big difference, like a bottle of ice cold water on arrival and the ice bucket already in the room gave meaning to being a boutique hotel. WIFI and parking were complimentary,The restaurant was superb and I will definitely dine there again. Overall did I not only want to go back, but made me wonder why I did not go there sooner.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Daniel B,

Thank you for deciding to stay with OPUS, and for letting us know how we did. We loved hearing how we exceeded your expectations, and will ensure that the entire team sees your comments! Thank you very much for your kinds words of support, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS in the future!

Paris France
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Yes the Opus is ideally located and the rooms are nice
Other than that, a real fiasco
Service is extremely poor and if your room overlooks Davie street, good luck with the noise (cars and people). You can literally hear people screaming on the streets and the endless noise of cars. It is a busy area, especially on WE
Breakfast was included. We arrive at nine on the first morning to be told we should come back in 30 mn. Half the tables were empty though. When I insist, I am then told I can get some food and then eat it in the lobby. I persisted. We got a table. However the buffet was practically empty and the food left really no good
I told guest services about it. They said it was terrible but did not do anything else about it

On that same day, we dropped by the hotel after 1 pm. Room had still not been serviced

Also before coming we had asked for help to rent a car from Vancouver airport and a drop-off in the US. I was told it was not possible and that I would need to take a train to Seattle. I went on line. 2 clicks later I had a car
Etc etc

Really not what you expect of a boutique hotel

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank jbeebee
Dear jbeebee,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with OPUS, and for then taking the time to pass on your feedback to us. While we enjoyed hearing your positive comments regarding our location and rooms, I was surprised and disappointed to hear of your experiences at the hotel. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay we provided you. The various points you have listed will be reviewed with our senior management team to ensure that we are always providing the best boutique experience possible for every guest. If you were to reconsider staying at OPUS once again, please contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com, and I will personally ensure that your reservation process, and return stay with us, is an exceptional one. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, and we hopefully will have another opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS in the future, and in turn allow us to showcase the true OPUS experience.