Opus Hotel
  • Pool
Moda Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
2,441 results
All reviewsyaletown locationglass of sparkling wineheated floorsgreat boutiquecanada lineyale townturn down servicecar servicerestaurants and barsgranville islandbusiness tripvalet parkingsea wallfront desk staffskytrain stationcontinental breakfastcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2008

This was our second stay at the Opus. Firstly, because of street construction there was a delay with the valet. When we checked in one staff greeted us then when we had a request the staff asked a superior staff for assistance and that staff member was on the telephone and kept us waiting. Not very professional and very aloof.
We dropped our bags in our room, unpacked and left to enjoy the city. We arrived back to our room at 11:30 pm and got ready for bed. We watched a little television and when we turned out the light at midnight - DISCO time! Because our room was on the second floor and facing the front street we were directly over the bar. I listened to the music playing loudly for about 15-30 minutes when I couldn't tolerate the noise any longer. I called down to reception and asked when the music would stop and they told me 3am! I was stunned. I asked why were not informed about the noise factor when we checked in. I told this person that I could hear Michael Jackson's lyrics clearly through the window and still this person offered no help. A few minutes lated our phone rang and it was the night manager . He said he came up to the second floor and could also hear the music. He offered us to be moved to an upper floor. I said, seriously, "you want us to get up after midnight, repack and move now!!! We did not move, and said we would resolve this tomorrow. The music stopped at 3:15AM. In the morning under our door was a card with apologisies and a voucher for breakfast.

I spoke to the day manager and expressed my disappointment with the night staff and also the fact that the hotel does not inform their clients of the bar/disco directly above the second floor. She said the bar/disco is very popular. I asked if the Opus wanted to be classified as a Hotel or a Bar? I said that this matter was unacceptable and she offered her apologisies. BIG DEAL!

The comfy bed did not make up for any of the discomforts we experienced and I have told everybody I know NOT to stay at the Opus Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foodshoestravel
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I travel regularly for business, and have stayed at numerous hotels. The Opus has become my gold standard for a hotel stay. I was there for two weeks, and the service was consistently, without any exceptions, fantastic. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and greeted me by name each day. The character of the hotel is lively and a nice departure from chain hotels. The location is fantastic!

The Opus wasn't cheap, but the experience was well worth it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank atorontotraveller
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Opus on the night of our wedding and couldn't have been happier. They checked us in early so that my wife and her bridesmaids could spend the day there preparing. We arrived back after the wedding reception to a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne to cap off the perfect evening.
The staff were very helpful and professional. We fully recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to Vancouver. The location is great and the room was very nice.
Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcartis
Reviewed September 19, 2008

An excellent hotel in every way ,extremely helpful staff friendly employees making it a very enjoyable stay An hotel which I shall return to Probably the best hotel in Vancouver,It deserves its enviable reputation PS it serves wonderful food It is a much overused word but it has the WOW factor

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barlow8
Reviewed September 14, 2008

A classy, modern hotel with excellent services. Guests can borrow mountain bikes to go into the mountains or touring bikes to see the city and there's free internet access and PCs in case you didn't bring your laptop.

We had the most basic room but it was great - clean, stylish and comfortable. We were a bit worried about construction noise as it overlooked where they're building a new public transport system but we weren't disturbed at all.

The staff in reception were very impressive, equally comfortable helping us clear the smelly hiking boots and camping equipment from our rental car after a road trip as they were with valet parking the Ferraris and Lamborghinis other guests brought.

Great location in the heart of a trendy district and near the water with a fantastic chocolate shop round the corner.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple