“Smart hotel in great location”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is located in the heart of Yaletown Vancouver and is bang in the middle of happening restaurants and pubs. Just a few minutes walk to the aqua bus terminal, the seawall and Robson street you can navigate you way to all that you want to do with ease. The Yaletowntown Round house station is just across from the hotel. Staff are smart and efficient and really helpful and courteous.
The room was medium sized with peppy decor and smart furniture. Had an i pad and wifi free.
The bed was king size and sleep quality was excellent with Down-filled duvets and pillows.
The bath was fairly large with complete with Malin Goetz amenity collection.
The lounge mirrored the stylish image of the hotel and was nice place to sit and have a drink or have a snack. The much touted restaurant La pentola was a let down in their service. Food was great though.
Our room overlooked a small courtyard which was ok. Maybe the rooms on the higher floors have better views.
The hotel is a bit pricey but it is well worth what you pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,358)

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Great boutique hotel with free wifi and excellent service. The rooms are funky and great attention to detail. You only 1 min walk to false creek where you can a water taxi to Granville Island market and 20 sec walk to all the restaurants down Hamilton street. Also for fish lovers, Rodneys is just round the corner ! (Reservation needed) Also opp the Sky train station to the short ride to waterfront and the sites around Coal Harbour, Canada Place and Stanley Park. Again - one of the best hotels to stay at !

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We really liked the location in Yaletown which has clearly become a trendy place to be with lots of restaurants and bars around, together with the small Yaletown harbour with easy access to the water where you can use the water taxi boats. Everything is easy to reach on foot or by taxi.
The hotel is indeed a pleasant boutique hotel with nicely fitted rooms. Although we had booked two standard queens, we were upgraded to one King and one Deluxe Queen and this suited us well. The beds were comfortable and the shower was good, with great shower products in the dispensers. The deluxe room was courtyard facing and absolutely quiet whilst the other was on the street side. There was a bit of noise at the weekend but nothing major.
Whilst we ate elsewhere each evening with such a choice in Vancouver, we enjoyed breakfast at the hotel each morning. The continental becomes a bit of a sameness after a couple of days but offers enough and there is still a large choice of a la carte options as well which were nicely presented.
Before retiring for the night we enjoyed a drink at the bar a couple of times, which was a pleasant place to be. All of the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful but a special recognition goes out to Faustine at the bar for some pleasant chats.
Using a lot of big hotels during the year for business purposes, I am appreciating such boutique hotels on holiday more and more and would definitely recommend Opus to anyone visiting Vancouver.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FTRichard
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear FTRichard,
Thanks for choosing OPUS Hotel on your recent vacation in Vancouver! I am pleased to see you found our location so convenient. We are fortunate to be among great dining and shopping in thriving Yaletown. I am also happy that you enjoyed our "nicely fitted rooms." I will make sure and pass on to Faustine your gratitude for her service as well. Thanks again and we hope to host you on your next Canadian vacation.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The reviews tell the story folks - this place is great. I had a 7th floor 'blue' room with micro-balcony for five nights and spent plenty of quiet time reading, enjoying the comfy seat and ottoman - and the view. The bed and pillows were also delicious and the room was internally quiet (aircon and fridge etc, though I would have liked to be able to turn the bathroom fan off), with minimal traffic noise from outside. The bath was also wonderfully comfortable and made more inviting (spacious and light) by the window to the room and beyond. The decor was relaxing and yet enlivening and everything worked beautifully and was fun. This was easily one of my most enjoyed hotel stays. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Opus is a smart and well presented hotel in Vancouver, in a very good location for business or city exploration for leisure. The rooms are decorated in quite strong themes, mine had magenta coloured walls, but the bed was amazingly comfortable. There was also a coffee maker, iPad, iPod dock, umbrella, bathrobe, so lots of neat stuff that gives this stay a touch of luxury. A word of caution though, although I am not sure all the rooms are like this, but the bathroom is positioned between the room and it's window and its a whole wall sized, floor to ceiling window, without frosted glass - so that's in the BATHROOM! Don't worry, there are blinds - one for modestly and one for blackout, but if you want your room bathed in full daylight you need to use the toilet and shower in full view of the streets and the buildings opposite. I found this quite fun, and it's certainly a bold design decision, but just be aware of the surprise that might be waiting for you in your room.
The service was impeccable, the room was serviced daily, in fact not once but twice, I found that when I went out for my evening meals, the room was "cosied up" for nighttime by the time I got back, as if by magic. The first time surprised me as I came back after dinner, and I thought something was different but couldn't work it out at first. It's a nice touch, and makes you feel looked after. I didn't try the restaurant, but there were so many places for breakfast and evening meals in the immediate area, I didn't need to.
Location is great - and directly outside the brand new Canada Line train station that gets you to and from YVR Airport in just 30 minutes - for only a few dollars a ticket, thats awesome for travellers. The Opus Hotel isn't cheap, but for the money you pay, they do deliver. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are shy, ask for a room without the feature window in the bathroom, but I have a feeling they...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had an unforgettable stay at the Opus. From the very first moment you step in you are made to feel as if you are the most important guest. Champagne on arrival, wonderful room with heated bathroom floors, an iPad, all sorts of chargers, a Nespresso machine, complimentary use of bicycles, personalized attention throughout our stay and phenomenal restaurant recommendations - the list goest on and on. When the staff learned that it was my husband's birthday we received a complimentary drink voucher and a lovely dessert in the room. The staff were above and beyond outstanding and the property is beautiful. My only regret is that this raises the bar for all other hotels and that we will likely be comparing every other hotel we stay in to the Opus!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear CapitolTraveller,
Thank you for choosing OPUS! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our complimentary sparking wine at check-in, the in-room Nespresso machine, and our complimentary bicycles among other things! We are blessed to have a staff that is "above and beyond outstanding" and I will definitely pass your compliments on to them. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back next time you're in Vancouver!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. There are a lot of other hotels that I have stayed in that could take lessons from this place on hospitality. Upon arrival our early check in couldn't be accommodated but the staff took care of our luggage and made lunch recommendations. Upon returning our rooms were ready and our luggage was placed in the rooms as promised. All of the staff are so friendly and more than willing to help you out with any needs you may have. During the evening your room is provided with a night carafe for your night stand and a special treat which made the experience fun. Rooms were comfortable and well stocked. The OPUS is in a great area with restaurants and shopping all within comfortable walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lissa N,

Thank you for choosing OPUS on your visit to your northern neighbor! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff so helpful. I truly appreciate your kind words and hopefully we can welcome you again on your next trip to Vancouver. Thanks again!