“Cheery, comfy and convenient”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The reviews tell the story folks - this place is great. I had a 7th floor 'blue' room with micro-balcony for five nights and spent plenty of quiet time reading, enjoying the comfy seat and ottoman - and the view. The bed and pillows were also delicious and the room was internally quiet (aircon and fridge etc, though I would have liked to be able to turn the bathroom fan off), with minimal traffic noise from outside. The bath was also wonderfully comfortable and made more inviting (spacious and light) by the window to the room and beyond. The decor was relaxing and yet enlivening and everything worked beautifully and was fun. This was easily one of my most enjoyed hotel stays. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,358)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Opus is a smart and well presented hotel in Vancouver, in a very good location for business or city exploration for leisure. The rooms are decorated in quite strong themes, mine had magenta coloured walls, but the bed was amazingly comfortable. There was also a coffee maker, iPad, iPod dock, umbrella, bathrobe, so lots of neat stuff that gives this stay a touch of luxury. A word of caution though, although I am not sure all the rooms are like this, but the bathroom is positioned between the room and it's window and its a whole wall sized, floor to ceiling window, without frosted glass - so that's in the BATHROOM! Don't worry, there are blinds - one for modestly and one for blackout, but if you want your room bathed in full daylight you need to use the toilet and shower in full view of the streets and the buildings opposite. I found this quite fun, and it's certainly a bold design decision, but just be aware of the surprise that might be waiting for you in your room.
The service was impeccable, the room was serviced daily, in fact not once but twice, I found that when I went out for my evening meals, the room was "cosied up" for nighttime by the time I got back, as if by magic. The first time surprised me as I came back after dinner, and I thought something was different but couldn't work it out at first. It's a nice touch, and makes you feel looked after. I didn't try the restaurant, but there were so many places for breakfast and evening meals in the immediate area, I didn't need to.
Location is great - and directly outside the brand new Canada Line train station that gets you to and from YVR Airport in just 30 minutes - for only a few dollars a ticket, thats awesome for travellers. The Opus Hotel isn't cheap, but for the money you pay, they do deliver. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are shy, ask for a room without the feature window in the bathroom, but I have a feeling they...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had an unforgettable stay at the Opus. From the very first moment you step in you are made to feel as if you are the most important guest. Champagne on arrival, wonderful room with heated bathroom floors, an iPad, all sorts of chargers, a Nespresso machine, complimentary use of bicycles, personalized attention throughout our stay and phenomenal restaurant recommendations - the list goest on and on. When the staff learned that it was my husband's birthday we received a complimentary drink voucher and a lovely dessert in the room. The staff were above and beyond outstanding and the property is beautiful. My only regret is that this raises the bar for all other hotels and that we will likely be comparing every other hotel we stay in to the Opus!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear CapitolTraveller,
Thank you for choosing OPUS! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our complimentary sparking wine at check-in, the in-room Nespresso machine, and our complimentary bicycles among other things! We are blessed to have a staff that is "above and beyond outstanding" and I will definitely pass your compliments on to them. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back next time you're in Vancouver!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. There are a lot of other hotels that I have stayed in that could take lessons from this place on hospitality. Upon arrival our early check in couldn't be accommodated but the staff took care of our luggage and made lunch recommendations. Upon returning our rooms were ready and our luggage was placed in the rooms as promised. All of the staff are so friendly and more than willing to help you out with any needs you may have. During the evening your room is provided with a night carafe for your night stand and a special treat which made the experience fun. Rooms were comfortable and well stocked. The OPUS is in a great area with restaurants and shopping all within comfortable walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lissa N,

Thank you for choosing OPUS on your visit to your northern neighbor! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff so helpful. I truly appreciate your kind words and hopefully we can welcome you again on your next trip to Vancouver. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Opus is in a perfect location. The desk and restaurant staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. The breakfasts were great.Out spotless room overlooked an interior courtyard and was perfectly quiet. We highly recommend the Opus and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Many thanks to all!

Room Tip: We didn't use the pool or the spa. Courtyard facing rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I received an email after my work made my reservation asking how the hotel could help plan my stay.
When I got to the hotel, we were greeted right away with valet parking service. Drinks at check in, and then a wonderful note was in my room with snacks welcoming me back.
So perfect. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was our first time to Vancouver and we thought the Opus Hotel was the perfect place to stay. Located on a hop area but close enough to the other neighborhoods to walk and explore. Their iPad came in very handy! It rained while we were there but they have bikes so guests can truly see the city from a local's perspective.

• Stayed: June 2014
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear LatteLover3,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at OPUS for your first visit to Vancouver. We were glad to see the in room iPads came in handy during your stay! Thank you very much for letting us know how we did, and for your kind words of support. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, and hopefully include some sunny weather!