“Best Stay Ever”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I Highly recommend this Hotel.
Clean, up to date, well decorated rooms, and friendly staff that really enjoy working there.
A lot of extras like, an I-pad, Valet Parking, and complimentary wine while you check in.
(Wine goes with everything)
The great location in Yaletown means walking distance to many great restaurants.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Opus Hotel

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I spent 4 days in Vancouver for my 58th birthday. Although we live in the suburbs, we both grew up in Vancouver and still love our good old city! We want to thank Opus for helping to make our good old city "new" again! Our suite was exciting, colourful and modern, with all of the tech gadgets that the "new" generation would need (we loved the Nespresso machine.) But hip and new isn't necessarily outstanding. However, when you couple the freshness of a new generation with good old-fashioned cleanliness and great service that starts at the desk and continues throughout your stay, then you have a winning combo. The icing on the (birthday) cake, was a nod to my 58th with complimentary drinks, in addition to a bottle of wine and some treats sent to our room! Our stay could be summed up by the great poster in our room featuring a modern rendition of the old White Lunch restaurant (remember that place?) Everything old is new again at the Opus! Well done, take a bow!

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed at really nice hotels over the years for various reasons, but Opus puts all of them to shame! They go above and beyond for their visitors! I was in town for business and flew in at 8:30. Check in wasn't until 3, but they let me come early PLUS they upgraded my room! I could have spent the whole visit in the bathroom alone! It had heated floors, a sweet tub and separate shower stall. The room was really cute and cozy too!
I had an appointment at 1PM and told the front desk clerk that I wasn't sure where I was going and if they could arrange a cab for me. Instead, they drove me to my appointment in the hotel Jag, free of charge!!!
When I returned, there was a plate of dried fruits and chips with a really thoughtful note, thanking me for staying with them and wishing me good luck at my appointment.
In the evening, an employee delivered water, ice and candy to my door ... just because!
I checked out at noon, but wasn't meeting friends for 5 hours later and they let me keep my baggage checked with them until I was ready.
This was hands down the BEST hotel experience ever! I highly recommend Opus! It will be something you've never experienced before and you will love it! I am coming back to Vancouver in July for a personal trip and my boyfriend and I are already planning a night's stay because it is just awesome! Thank you so much to everyone at Opus for such an amazing stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Leah C,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with OPUS, and for then taking the time to post your feedback. We were thrilled to read just how much you enjoyed your OPUS experience. We changed over our complimentary hotel car this year to a 2014 Jag, which has been very well received by both our guests, and the bell staff who get to drive them around downtown! Thank you again for your support, and for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community.

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Of all the hotels we have had the pleasure of staying at, none have left us as satisfied as Opus. From the amazing location, cleanliness of the rooms, high end finishings and uniqueness of decor/design— but most impressive was the staff and level of service we received consistently over our 4 night stay. From the time we contacted them to book a block of rooms for our wedding, to the last guest checking out, they were available and eager to assist. We actually commented that our dogs received better service than we often receive when staying at some of the bigger hotels. It is rare to see so many individuals take pride in what they do- kudos to the management at Opus for a job well done with hiring and the utmost respect to the staff for going above and beyond!

Opus is in our backyard, but after our fabulous stay, we will definitely be returning!!!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Opus. From the moment I arrived to the time I left the staff was friendly and accommodated all of my requests. The room is beautiful and the bathroom relaxing. The location in Yaletown makes dining in the neighbourhood enjoyable. Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I took a one night staycation at the Opus Hotel and I couldn't have been happier with the location and room. Beautifully furnished with lots of unexpected extras such as an iPad to use for your stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, even going out of their way to make my one night stay relaxing.

Room Tip: I wanted peace and quiet so on the recommendation of the reception I took a room not facing out into...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Beautiful room. Great lobby to hang in. Extremely attentive and personable staff.

Overall we look for a unique, modern aesthetic in our hotels — and a fun room feature or 2 (The wall art from the "Punch Out" video game was a fantastic touch!). The Opus not only had a sexy and huge, split shower/tub bathroom, but a fireplace as well. Not to mention a complimentary iPad to use if you forgot yours : ) And the price was right.

We'll be back! (with friends)

Room Tip: It's worth it to go for the upgraded suite, but not necessary. Overall it's a great hotel, a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Laura N,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with OPUS and for sharing your comments with us. The art piece you referenced has received a lot of attention and is definitely a guest favorite!. With our room revamp last year, we wanted to further enhance the unique style of the guest rooms and enjoyed the opportunity to partner with the various local Vancouver artists. We will ensure to pass along your feedback, and would like to thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Nicholas Gandossi