2,612 results
All reviewsyaletown locationglass of sparkling wineheated floorsgreat boutiquefalse creekcanada lineyale townturn down servicecar servicerestaurants and barsgranville islandskytrain stationsea wallfront desk staffvisiting vancouvercontinental breakfastvalet parking
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We are the type of independent folks who prefer not to spend lots of money on a room/hotel but to spend instead on activities, food, and experiences. This time we wanted a little luxury (to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary and my big 50th bday) and that is what we found at Opus. Services are prompt, friendly and low-key. If we needed anything, Opus took care of it (hence my review title).
Other reviews are very spot-on regarding location, Canada line access from airport (no need for car unless you want to visit outside the skytrain lines) . This was our 3rd visit to this area and we did not need to visit the tram, ski areas or the park with the suspension bridge, Vancouver IS. We also are used to walking/hiking so 3-5 miles is no problem. Cell phone and ipad were nice perks. Beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet.
Would stay here again, maybe even with our dog! Very dog friendly city.

Room Tip: Top floor 7th - nice view of the city skyline and it has a little balcony
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at OPUS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Kelly T,

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate both your 19th anniversary, and your 50th birthday with us! We truly appreciate your support, and were very happy to read how much you enjoyed your 3rd experience with us. Thank you again, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS.

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Opus for 3 nights and had a very nice time. Breakin' in down bullet by bullet, here it is....

The Positives
- Great location in Yaletown - close to bike path, lot's of restaurants, 15 min walk from Gastown. 5 min walk to the water taxi to Granville island.
- iPad and cell phone to use in/out of th hotel- *loved* this feature especially being from the States. Really useful around the city and way cheaper to make calls. Major plus.
- Cool interior room decor with coffee machine
- Helpful staff
- Bikes available - for free!
- Candy delivered as part of turndown service (tonight was super blow pop!)
- Comfy bed and really nice bathroom with separate shower and tub.
- Get the room with the added couch for $10/night!
- Breakfast was good in the restaurant next door (partnership with hotel). Both the omelet and oatmeal were very good.

The negatives
- The room could use more dresser space - not enough for two people staying more than 2 nights.
- $35/day for parking the car (no other real choice given the location) - don't forget to factor that in to the total cost...

Overall this was a real positive experience and this would be the first place we would stay at if we visit Vancouver again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a couch in it for an extra $10/night
Reviewed October 9, 2013

So close to the sea wall, near to great shopping, beautiful, comfortable rooms and such pleasant staff. I always enjoy the OPUS. It's an added bonus to be right at the Canada Line Yaletown stations. Easy access to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the courtyard; they are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Opus was the perfect place for me and my partner to stay while we were visiting Vancouver. It is in Yaletown which is a great location for getting around to all the areas we wanted to explore. The hotel has so many amenities that put it over the top for us.....like free parking with a hybrid car, free bikes to ride around, and an iPad that was in the room and we could take with us- this was especially important since we didn't want to pay for international data charges being from the U.S.
The staff was especially helpful and friendly and had great recommendations for places to eat and explore. I didn't even mention how comfortable the beds were....and the heated bathroom floors felt soooo luxurious! We would totally stay here again!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Many things make this hotel your best choice for a "fall-in-love-with-Vancouver" experience. The hotel is a work of art done with a perfect palette of modern colors. The concierge service is the best I have ever experienced----and I am a globetrotter who has travelled for over 50 years. They have more than enough of a staff so you never have to wait for anything. And location, location, location.....the best in the city. And you don't feel like a tourist staying there. The only suggestion I would make is that instead of the second bed in the adjoining area being a sofa bed, I would have preferred my son have a sectional sofa to sleep on where you take the back pillows off and it is immediately a single bed. My son said that the convertible sofa was not that comfortable. But my queen (or was it a king?...can't remember) was very comforable with wonderful sheets. The views of the city from our room were charming and there was a great coffee place right next to the hotel. I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: higher up is better because there is a bar at street level
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family