2,615 results
All reviewsyaletown locationglass of sparkling wineheated floorsgreat boutiquefalse creekcanada lineyale townturn down servicecar servicerestaurants and barsgranville islandskytrain stationsea wallfront desk staffvisiting vancouvercontinental breakfastvalet parking
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Travelled to Vancouver on business and spent 3 nights in the Opus hotel.

I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful from the moment I arrived. The hotel is in Yaletown and is only 2 blocks from the seawall. As a runner, it was great to be able to get up in the morning and run along False Creek. What a great way to start my day.

The hotel is literally across the road from numerous restaurants which made it convenient to grab some dinner and have a short walk back in the evening. As I was attending a conference I did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

The room was a good size, clean and modern, with free wi-fi. The room also had a mini bar fridge and a snack drawer which I didn't use, a Keurig coffee maker and an iPad. The bathroom was a good size, though I found it odd that the toilet was located behind the open door. There was a shower, separate jacuzzi tub and sink with plenty of counter space for toiletries. The hotel provided a very nice soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower wash.

The fitness centre was not overly large but I found that it had modern, clean equipment and was generally under used. There was only one other person in the fitness centre the morning I was there.

There is a restaurant and a good coffee shop attached to the hotel. The coffee shop made a very good cappuccino.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper and had a room at the front of the hotel but did not find Davie to be noisy at night. If you are worried about get a Courtyard room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank beavertrail
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my return trip to Vancouver and since I had already been to the city and enjoyed it so much I wanted to take friends along. After arriving a going thru a long process at customs. Make sure they write A on your form and not B.. B will get your B hind to a separate room and you will find your self being questioned by custom agents and any criminal background you may have!! I have non so I was coo. We finally made it to the city via the Canada Line which is just a short walk across the street to the hotel. Arriving at the hotel after the customs integrations the short walk up was Ideal with a quick arrival. First thing on my mind was drinks!! Please !, The hotel had to same thought for us when we arrived. The front desk was quick and easy registration and gladly offered me a complimentary drink. Oh yes please!!.. They even asked if I had plans for tonight and offered additional options for me to choose!! The Lobby was clean and the restaurant and bar seemed busy. After checking out my room. Which if you ever want to stay here the Suites are the choice. Large Beds great view of the city. The Best thing I thought was the Ipad and mobile phone I found in the room. At first I thought one of my friends beat me to the room and already plugged in his portables. Or some one left them. No !! the hotel offers them in the suite for the guest to take around the City if you want to. Local calls you can make with free wify anywhere in the City FREE!! Just take the phone or Ipad with you. That was awesome!!! If you need to get around the city and use maps on portable devices this hotel feature is the Sh@@!!.. After a all nighter in Yaletown pubs and bars and going all the way to the Waterfront. The Phone and internet provided by the hotel got me home safe and sound!!... The hotel is Ideal for the Yaletown area !! They do offer a courtesy sedan but I was not able to use it.. It wasn’t available when I asked. They don’t have a pool either and bar although lively a little small. They hotel is going to remake the bar I hear so that’s good..so those few things are they only negative if any I have to say.. But all around a great place to stay if you find your self in Vancouver..

Room Tip: If your going to stay here stay in the Suites... just make sure to close the blinds or you will give Vancouver a free peep show!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed more than a dozen times at the Opus and everytime seems to be like my first ( in a good way) always inspired. The attention to detail by the staff is impressive to say the least. I value their willingness to create an environment that is most comfortable, luxurious and minus the attitude that usually comes with a 4 star hotel. For me, its the simple things, the fact that they use Nesspreso machines in their rooms as an example completely blows me away. I travel a good bit and having an amazing bed that actually makes you look forward to sleeping in, is outstanding. I can't say enough fantastic things about the Opus Vancouver and the entire Team. Thank you Nicolas, Amy, Camila and the staff! Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great location especially now that the canada line station is right across the street.

Friendly and attentive staff. My room rate included continental breakfast, which was a nice plus.

Good value for the money!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank duffyscores
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Thanks to Celebrity for cancelling my cruise and leaving me in the lurch. Instead, I spent a week at Opus and it was wonderful. Good value for the rate paid; staff very friendly and helpful, even to a middle-aged leisure traveller who was clueless with an Ipad. Very close (1/2 block) to metro so I didn't have to walk far when returning from an outing. Lots (and I mean lots) of cafes, boutiques, coffee shops, etc, within the surrounding blocks. Great room; loved the colors in the lobby, elevators and the rooms, which is why I chose this hotel over my original booked reservation at the Hotel Georgia, which was too beige in comparison. Only oddity: hard to watch TV from room's couch, as TV was wall-mounted and did not swivel.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early on Fri/Sat, probably do not want to be overlooking Davie St. due to many bars in the area and tipsy patrons who are out late..
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo