“Lived up to all the best reviews”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything about my stay at the Opus in Vancouver exceeded my expectations. Check-in and check-out experiences were welcoming and efficient as were all other interactions with staff, the room was clean and felt fresh, the turn-down service was a nice touch. The decor just made me feel happy and comforted. Nice bath and amenities, and the iPad and free internet ware much appreciated. Well-stocked snacks and beverages in room and room service was efficient and the food was great. Location couldn't be better for great dining options, walking along the seawall, getting to Granville Island via the water taxi. It was purely a pleasure trip, and this was the perfect hotel base for my forays around the city. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else when visiting Vancouver.

Room Tip: My room was on the Davie Street side, I was on the top floor with a small balcony - not big enough f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,398)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everyone on the staff was extra professional and nice. The lobby and rooms are beautiful, the beds comfortable and quiet, the service is great, and I'll definitely make this my first call every trip moving forward.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I must start by saying that both my husband and I enjoyed ourselves on our recent stay!
Enjoying a welcome drink upon check and valeting the car was a great way to start our time away!

Our room was also fantastic and very fitting as my husband is a gamer and loved the artwork of Piston Honda from Punch Out! I mean LOVED it! I have always loved the décor but the renovations you have completed are terrific and our stay was very comfortable. Painted a vibrant orange with a fantastic view of Yaletown, we were instantly wowed!

The Opus Bar was also a great way to start and end our night and is a must for your evening plans while staying at the hotel. In addition, the close proximity from the hotel to amazing restaurants and shops was a welcomed convenience and made our night away that much more enjoyable!

The Opus is on the mark as far as boutique hotels go and excel with their customer service and attention to detail.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear MrsH200633, thnak you very much for taking the time to send in your comments. We were thrilled to see how you connected with the new art that is now in all of the guest rooms, since completing our room renovations. Reading your reaction to our new decor was very gratifying to see, but most importantly that you truly enjoyed your overall OPUS experience. We will ensure your comments are communicated to the entire team, and we will look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon!

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Opus exceeded our expectations. Three of us stayed while on business and loved the attentive staff, car service, and modern/comfortable/clean rooms. It's location in trendy Taletown was perfect. Close to the sea wall for a morning jog. An abundance of restaurants in walking distance. Right across the street from the train. It was perfect. Will stay there again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff was EXTREMELY friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Nothing over the top, but simple and pleasant. I love boutique hotels and this one did not dissapoint. I will certainly stay there again.
I liked they have Ipod docks and hookups already to go in the room.
The only negative is that they are across the street from bars that can be really loud into the night, not the hotel's fault so I am not marking them down for this.
Taxi, food, luggage, they were willing to help with anything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear KamieAnne, thank you very much for choosing OPUS and for then taking the time to forward on your comments. We loved reading how you felt our staff were extremely friendly and that you would certainly return again! I did want to apologize for the street noise that disturbed you during your stay with us. We do have rooms that face our inner courtyard, and not the street, that are quiet and peaceful. Please contact me in advance of your next stay to allow me to assist in anyway, and to ensure that you are reserved a courtyard room. We will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS!

Nicholas Gandossi

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great boutique hotel! Love the decor (awesome bathrooms!) and location. Easy walk to shopping and ferry to Granville Island and many places to eat. Easy taxi ride to Robson Street shopping. Rooms are very clean; nice welcome touch waiting in room upon check in. If you want a very "central" place to stay, this is it. There's even a coffee shop right next door. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the building if you're a light sleeper. The rooms facing the stre...
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband stayed here on a weekend getaway . This is a hotel that is fun and delivers what it promises. The staff are knowledgeable and fun. The restaurant the following morning morning was a delight, great service and the small extra touches that made the difference. Good coffee and delightful croissants. Valet parking was a breeze without any lengthy waits.Reception staff were competent and quick to offer suggestions as to directions and willing to make dinner reservations if required. Our bedroom was quiet and most comfortable. There is an iPad for your personable use or you may charge your own one if needed. The music collection on ours was a nice touch .
All in all a lovely experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple