“Lovely hotel”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here while on business and it was a treat to be in Yaletown and so close to downtown. Great service and the breakfast was delicious. I love the candy treat in my room every evening and the use of the iPad was very helpful when trekking around by foot.

Thank you for making my stay at your hotel a wonderful experience and I will be back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Lauren E, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for then sending along your comments. We love hearing how you took the in room iPad off property while you explored the city! Hopefully you enjoyed your trek around Vancouver just as much as you enjoyed your OPUS experience. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at Opus with our 6 month old baby and our dog. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room updates are cheerful and fresh. We loved the technology provided (ipads and smart phone for our use).

The restaurant is delicious and was a perfect spot for me to hold a business meeting. Love the light, airy feel of the renos.

We will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here while on business in Vancouver. The hotel is centrally located right downtown, near entertainment and restaurants. The staff at the hotel are polite and helpful, providing assistance whenever needed. There is a (very) small exercise room. There is free, fast wifi throughout the building. There's a small but tasty restaurant inside the hotel. The room was reasonably sized, with a comfortable bed. The bathroom with fairly large, and separated from the room by large sliding doors. My only complaint is the shower... it was part of the bathtub, and the shower head was fairly low. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location of the hotel was fantastic for ease of getting around. I took the train from the airport and to my surprise the Yaletown stop was right across from the front door of the hotel. I used the train to attend an event at the convention centre as well. The selection and quality of the restaurants in the area was fabulous. If you like to run in the morning there was easy access to the pathways along False Creek. Staff at the hotel was very courteous and helpful. They had a great knowledge of the area. Many great suggestions on where or what to do. Like other comments, I think the hotel has lost its edge as being a hip place to hang out. Never saw any evidence of that, but many great places to hang out in Yaletown.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear GPSwerve, thank you very much for selecting OPUS Vancouver and for sending in your comments More and more guests like yourself, have come to realize just how convenient OPUS is located to the Canada Line subway station. We were very happy to read how you enjoyed both our neighborhood and the service that the staff provided! Hopefully we will get another opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS, along with Yaletown, in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel. Best location in the city of Vancouver. Rooms are small but very nice. Only downside is there is no legitimate hotel bar but there are 20 within walking distance.
Staff is very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Scott W, thank you very much for choosing OPUS and for sending us your feedback. We were glad to hear how you enjoyed your overall OPUS experience, highlighting the location and the staff. Guests do have the option to enjoy a hand crafted cocktail at the bar in our restaurant, La Pentola, or in the lobby lounge setting of OPUS Bar. For your next stay I would love to buy you a drink in either preferred option to ensure you get the complete OPUS experience! Please contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com for your next trip to Vancouver, and I would be happy to make the necessary arrangements for your return stay with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not sure about all the raving reviews. Liked the location, in a location with good restaurants/nightlife. As far as being a hip hotel etc.. besides having some glitter and lights in the lobby area, I am not sure I agree with that. Nice to be offered bottled water when you check in, but I expecet much more than that. Bar area was empty during the weekend- on a saturday night- they had a dj who was there with another guy - they were both jumping around with nobody around. The biggest issue I had was the first day I was there my room was never made up when I came back around 3PM. I called downstairs and was asked" Well if you want to request your room be made up, we can have someone do it". I told her didn't think I had to request for my room to be cleaned each day- must have been her first day on the job and seemed like she had no idea what was going on. Room was fine and overall a clean, decent hotel but not even close to being luxury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Gatorbait2008, thank you for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for taking the time to send along your comments. I was glad to hear how you enjoyed our location and neighborhood, but disappointed to hear of your experience regarding the servicing of your room. If you could contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com I would appreciate anytime you have to better understand the details, and to apologize for the miscommunication with our team. Being an independent boutique property, we heavily rely on our guests feedback to ensure we continue to provide the best boutique hotel experience possible. Thank you again for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and hopefully we will get another opportunity to welcome you back to the property in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The decor is very contemporary to go along with the high buzz of Yaletown.
Friendly staff greeting us at the counter with a glass of bubbly, the service experience was lovely.
The location can not be beet as your are in walking distance to quaint shopping boutiques, restaurants and the sea wall. Lovely spot and great service!

Room Tip: If you want a quite sleep, request a room that faces the courtyard or request ear plugs.