“Great Local”

Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada
“Great Local”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice boutique hotel. Best location in the city of Vancouver. Rooms are small but very nice. Only downside is there is no legitimate hotel bar but there are 20 within walking distance.
Staff is very pleasant.

OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Scott W, thank you very much for choosing OPUS and for sending us your feedback. We were glad to hear how you enjoyed your overall OPUS experience, highlighting the location and the staff. Guests do have the option to enjoy a hand crafted cocktail at the bar in our restaurant, La Pentola, or in the lobby lounge setting of OPUS Bar. For your next stay I would love to buy you a drink in either preferred option to ensure you get the complete OPUS experience! Please contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com for your next trip to Vancouver, and I would be happy to make the necessary arrangements for your return stay with us.

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not sure about all the raving reviews. Liked the location, in a location with good restaurants/nightlife. As far as being a hip hotel etc.. besides having some glitter and lights in the lobby area, I am not sure I agree with that. Nice to be offered bottled water when you check in, but I expecet much more than that. Bar area was empty during the weekend- on a saturday night- they had a dj who was there with another guy - they were both jumping around with nobody around. The biggest issue I had was the first day I was there my room was never made up when I came back around 3PM. I called downstairs and was asked" Well if you want to request your room be made up, we can have someone do it". I told her didn't think I had to request for my room to be cleaned each day- must have been her first day on the job and seemed like she had no idea what was going on. Room was fine and overall a clean, decent hotel but not even close to being luxury.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Gatorbait2008, thank you for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for taking the time to send along your comments. I was glad to hear how you enjoyed our location and neighborhood, but disappointed to hear of your experience regarding the servicing of your room. If you could contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com I would appreciate anytime you have to better understand the details, and to apologize for the miscommunication with our team. Being an independent boutique property, we heavily rely on our guests feedback to ensure we continue to provide the best boutique hotel experience possible. Thank you again for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and hopefully we will get another opportunity to welcome you back to the property in the near future.

General Manger
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The decor is very contemporary to go along with the high buzz of Yaletown.
Friendly staff greeting us at the counter with a glass of bubbly, the service experience was lovely.
The location can not be beet as your are in walking distance to quaint shopping boutiques, restaurants and the sea wall. Lovely spot and great service!

Room Tip: If you want a quite sleep, request a room that faces the courtyard or request ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I loved staying at this hotel! It is very close to the seawall & many restaurants (I highly recommend The Flying Pig) & shops (a lot of the shops close around 6p). The staff was very helpful & always attentive when I had a question or needed to get my car from the valet. The rooms are quite trendy and are a good size and the beds are really comfortable! The gym is small, but had everything I needed for a morning workout.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MINESING
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Increadible service!
Well appointed rooms, super trendy, in a great location.I really like the "our pad is your pad" program where you get to use an ipad provided by the hotel for the duration of your stay. great food as well.
The proximity of the Skytrain made it easy for us to go back and forth to the airport.
We will definitely stay there again and we will continue to recommend to our delegates.
Anik G

1 Thank AnikGMinesing
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear AnikGMinesing, thank you very much for your recent review and for choosing OPUS Vancouver. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your OPUS experience, and especially the food from our award winning Italian restaurant, La Pentola. Hopefully we will get another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, at which time please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Vancouver
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Me and my partner have been traveling around the world and stayed at various hotels. We have to say that OPUS is one of a kind - well, the best kind, we believe. Their staffs are the best value of this hotel. They are so caring and friendly. We totally feel like home. After 10 nights of stay, we definitely didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michael c
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Michael C,
Thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and for sending along your comments. We love how you felt that the staff we so caring and friendly, and that you felt right at home! Being a small independent boutique hotel we rely heavily on our guest feedback, and know when we hear of experiences like yours, we are on the right track. Thank you again for taking the time to forward along your thoughts, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to OPUS hopefully in the near future!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything from restaurants to nightlife to shopping, all within walking distance of this great hotel. From quick on the spot directions via phone when I got lost trying to find the hotel (driving), to the very friendly service throughout my stay, the Opus is a must-stay-at-hotel!

I took the King Suite with Ipad for my stay. No, you are not reading that wrong, they lend you a hotel Ipad for your stay! The room was right sized, with a full desk, wifi and wired internet connection, closet with ironing board and safe, nice walk in shower, coffee maker, etc. The soaps and shampoo are so great smelling, really made me feel refreshed first thing in the morning.

At night the staff brings you a new bucket of ice and freshly carafe'd water. In the morning you have a local newspaper at your door. The valet was prompt in bringing my car around to the front, and offered directions to wherever I was headed.

OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Sarah C,

Thank you very much for choosing OPUS and for sending along your comments. We were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us. Since placing the iPads in all of our rooms last year, they have definitely continued to grow in popularity with all of our guests. We will ensure as well that your feedback highlighting the service is passed along to all of the staff. Thank you again for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the property!