“An amazing experience!”

Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“An amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Opus was my choice of accommodations for my big proposal day to my (now) fiancé!
Prior to making my decision, I inquired at many other hotels and all of them would make a huge hassle of the special requests that I made, which I felt was unnecessary.

The staff at Opus was wonderful enough to make every single detail just the way I wanted. When we walked in to the lobby's front desk, we were greeted by a very friendly staff who helped do a late check in. The first thing we noticed was the very modern interior décor; it was very obvious a lot of work was put into the details of the design.

With the keys promptly handed to us, we were on our way to our room. A special thing I noticed was that the 2 elevators across from each other had different lighting! It was a nice touch to the uniqueness of the hotel.

We were staying over at the executive suite that night. The moment we walked in, the music which I had requested welcomed us. My special request for fresh rose petals leading from the door to the bed was all ready for us. The bed had also been decorated with fresh rose petals with a heart in the middle. (cheesy, I know, but the girl loved it) An extra touch was added as they also put fresh rose petals in the bathtub, which I hadn't thought of. Our bags were pre-emptively delivered to our rooms upon arrival, as my fiancé had no idea we were staying over that night.
The bottle of icewine I had wanted was also set on the table.

Even with so many requests, opus had taken care of every single one without any problems! I had such a wonderful stay, and I'd definitely come back again for our next special occasion.

I'll just make some coles-notes because I'm terrible at writing reviews:
-beddings included soft egyptian cotton sheets
-heated floor tiles in the bathroom
-handsoap, moisturiser were from L'Occitane
-iPad was docked in the room ready for complimentary use with free wifi
-Samsung Galaxy S3 was also available
-bathrobes available for use
-great little adjustable reading light attached to the bed

Overall, I highly recommend Opus, especially if you're wanting to make this a special night for a special someone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Danny J, firstly we wanted to pass along a big congratulations for your recent engagement! Thank you so much for choosing OPUS Vancouver to be part of your very special day. We love to hear how impressed you were with our staff and their personalized service, and will ensure to pass your comments along. Hopefully we will get an opportunity to welcome you both back to the hotel in the very near future; perhaps to celebrate another special occasion! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com if I can be of any assistance.

Nicholas Gandossi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
London, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a great experience. Booked online, on expedia everything was taken care of so it was seemless when we arrived. We stayed there two separate nights on our trip and so experienced it on two different days. Clean, modern rooms with a funky vibe and decor but not over the top. Turndown service with a little piece of candy (old school Popeye candy sticks and lollipops) and water left at the bedside was a nice touch and original. Ipads in every room for guest use.
The valet service was really nice, reasonably priced and were very friendly (even as we one time had to have them bring the car around because we forgot something in one of our bags). It was always fast and efficient and made us feel pampered!
Location in Yaletown can't be beat.
Overall we had a great stay (twice) and would highly recommend as well as re-book next time we are in Vancouver

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather768
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Heather768, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for sending along your comments. We have had lots of fun with providing a different retro candy for each night of the week during turndown service, with the Popeye candy being very popular! I will ensure your comments regarding the friendly service you encountered from our Valet Department are forwarded along to them. We will look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us, at which time please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com if I can be of any assistance.

Surrey, UK
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in one of the suites, which we were upgraded to on a recent trip (Feb 2013). From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIP's champagne on arrival, assistance with places to visit, restaurants to try. One of the front staff even drove us to the Aquarium one morning.
The suite itself was fantastic. Split into different areas (Reception, Living Area, Bedroom, Bathroom and Wardrobe) we had difficulty in finding each other sometimes!
If you are in Vancouver and need a place to stay, this is it. Fabulous hotel, great staff and you are in the centre of everything. Yaletown is the place to be! Lots of quriky shops, bars and restaurants.
Thank you Opus, we will be back!

Room Tip: Try for one of the suites!
3 Thank vickiandrich
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Vickiandrich, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for sending along your comments. We were happy to see how much you enjoyed our location and service, but most of all how you felt like a VIP! We will look forward to making you feel that way again for your next stay at OPUS. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com

VANCOUVER
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been wanting to stay here at the Opus for awhile now and finally, I had the chance to do just that.

Booking the hotel however, was a bit annoying as I was told I should contact a specific person at Opus. I called them multiples times and left at least 1 voice message but never got a response. I ended up waiting until the last minute to just book a room normally. I was then told the person I was trying to contact was away. Still, I think a simple call back or a message stating they were not available or were away on business would have been nice. There's nothing worse than waiting on an answer... know what I mean?

Anyways, upon entering, we immediately noticed the very cool decor. It definitely has this boutique feel which my girlfriend and I both loved. We both equally loved our room too. The bathroom was nice and spacious, as was our room which had a couch. I loved the snacks we were given too, along with an iPad!? Yeah that's right, our room had an iPad!!! I'm not sure if this was a normal amenity but it certainly was one of the coolest things i've seen in a hotel.

Overall, we really liked it here and the front desk people were very helpful! Even when we had an issue with our access card. They also gave us a tip on the air spray that was used in the hotel. This hotel smelled soooo good, we just had to ask.

One final note, I would have rated this hotel as Excellent, had the booking been a bit smoother.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid the low floors facing Davie street as it can get a bit loud at times.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fred F thank you very much for choosing OPUS, and for sending along your comments. I would like to firstly apologize for the challenges you encountered in getting through to our reservations department. I have already spoken with our Reservations Manager regarding the details you forwarded along, to ensure we take any corrective action. We were pleased to see how you enjoyed your overall stay, and especially how the iPad added to the OPUS experience. For your next trip back to Vancouver, if you could contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com, I will ensure your reservation process is a smooth and efficient one. Thank you again for choosing OPUS, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the near future!

Vancouver
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed overnight for a business function. The bar/restaurant was a lovely nightspot and the food was superb. The room is cool although the LCD TV (32") could be bigger. The shower head in my room #204 was broken so it wasn't much fun. The catered food was excellent as was the service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear TequilaVancouver, thank you very much for choosing OPUS and for passing along your feedback. We were very pleased to hear how you enjoyed the cuisine at our new northern Italian restaurant, La Pentola, and will ensure your comments are communicated to the Kitchen. We did want to at the same time sincerely apologize for the faulty shower head, which should never have happened; and has been addressed with our maintenance team. Hopefully your business or personal plans will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS Vancouver in the very near future!

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had room 704, a suite, and it was amazing! The fireplace was warm and cozy. The jetted tub with the wall of windows was very sexy. The CD player & iPad were great touches. The bed was truly heavenly.

From the moment we were greeted at the front desk we were spoiled and didn't want to leave.

We will never stay anywhere else when in Vancouver!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite if you can afford it!
3 Thank karenj57
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great hotel, luxe feel, right in the heart of happening Yaletown. We stayed on the seventh floor in their newly renovated King room. Nice space with balcony and super mod shower. The service in the hotel is also lovely. Everyone friendly and helpful. Highly recommend it for a romantic get-away or any other stay!