“One of the best hotels I have stayed in”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in one of the suites, which we were upgraded to on a recent trip (Feb 2013). From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIP's champagne on arrival, assistance with places to visit, restaurants to try. One of the front staff even drove us to the Aquarium one morning.
The suite itself was fantastic. Split into different areas (Reception, Living Area, Bedroom, Bathroom and Wardrobe) we had difficulty in finding each other sometimes!
If you are in Vancouver and need a place to stay, this is it. Fabulous hotel, great staff and you are in the centre of everything. Yaletown is the place to be! Lots of quriky shops, bars and restaurants.
Thank you Opus, we will be back!

Room Tip: Try for one of the suites!
3  Thank vickiandrich
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Vickiandrich, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for sending along your comments. We were happy to see how much you enjoyed our location and service, but most of all how you felt like a VIP! We will look forward to making you feel that way again for your next stay at OPUS. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com

Nicholas Gandossi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,327)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've been wanting to stay here at the Opus for awhile now and finally, I had the chance to do just that.

Booking the hotel however, was a bit annoying as I was told I should contact a specific person at Opus. I called them multiples times and left at least 1 voice message but never got a response. I ended up waiting until the last minute to just book a room normally. I was then told the person I was trying to contact was away. Still, I think a simple call back or a message stating they were not available or were away on business would have been nice. There's nothing worse than waiting on an answer... know what I mean?

Anyways, upon entering, we immediately noticed the very cool decor. It definitely has this boutique feel which my girlfriend and I both loved. We both equally loved our room too. The bathroom was nice and spacious, as was our room which had a couch. I loved the snacks we were given too, along with an iPad!? Yeah that's right, our room had an iPad!!! I'm not sure if this was a normal amenity but it certainly was one of the coolest things i've seen in a hotel.

Overall, we really liked it here and the front desk people were very helpful! Even when we had an issue with our access card. They also gave us a tip on the air spray that was used in the hotel. This hotel smelled soooo good, we just had to ask.

One final note, I would have rated this hotel as Excellent, had the booking been a bit smoother.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid the low floors facing Davie street as it can get a bit loud at times.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Fred F thank you very much for choosing OPUS, and for sending along your comments. I would like to firstly apologize for the challenges you encountered in getting through to our reservations department. I have already spoken with our Reservations Manager regarding the details you forwarded along, to ensure we take any corrective action. We were pleased to see how you enjoyed your overall stay, and especially how the iPad added to the OPUS experience. For your next trip back to Vancouver, if you could contact me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com, I will ensure your reservation process is a smooth and efficient one. Thank you again for choosing OPUS, and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the near future!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed overnight for a business function. The bar/restaurant was a lovely nightspot and the food was superb. The room is cool although the LCD TV (32") could be bigger. The shower head in my room #204 was broken so it wasn't much fun. The catered food was excellent as was the service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear TequilaVancouver, thank you very much for choosing OPUS and for passing along your feedback. We were very pleased to hear how you enjoyed the cuisine at our new northern Italian restaurant, La Pentola, and will ensure your comments are communicated to the Kitchen. We did want to at the same time sincerely apologize for the faulty shower head, which should never have happened; and has been addressed with our maintenance team. Hopefully your business or personal plans will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS Vancouver in the very near future!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had room 704, a suite, and it was amazing! The fireplace was warm and cozy. The jetted tub with the wall of windows was very sexy. The CD player & iPad were great touches. The bed was truly heavenly.

From the moment we were greeted at the front desk we were spoiled and didn't want to leave.

We will never stay anywhere else when in Vancouver!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite if you can afford it!
3  Thank karenj57
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great hotel, luxe feel, right in the heart of happening Yaletown. We stayed on the seventh floor in their newly renovated King room. Nice space with balcony and super mod shower. The service in the hotel is also lovely. Everyone friendly and helpful. Highly recommend it for a romantic get-away or any other stay!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary by staying at the Opus Hotel where they had this fabulous special. Included was ½ bottle of champagne, large gorgeous orchid, framed photo (you email the photo) and continental breakfast. It was very appealing and perfect for such a celebration.

Situated in Yaletown across the street from a Skytrain (rapid transit) station and 1 ½ block walk to water, it’s in an area with some history and character as well as newer condo buildings. The hotel itself is quite modern with a boutique feel and is currently being redone (the sixth and seventh floors are finished). We were fortunate to get room 701 which I recommend. It’s on the top floor and facing the courtyard; while no view, it was very quiet, even with the window partially open.

The rooms are uniquely decorated. Ours was large with a king size bed, purple walls, large gas fireplace across (and to the left) of the bed. Beside the fireplace is a settee. The fireplace was très romantic at night. The bathroom has a heated floor and a separate very large shower and tub (L’Occitane products). The room was recently redone and very clean. We arrived to our room to find the champagne on ice, fabulous orchid, photo of us, personalized card and little bowl of banana chips on the large desk. It was all most impressive.

Small things I enjoyed: coffee maker with good quality coffee, creamers in the bar fridge rather than powdered creamer, water in a carafe (not bottles) brought up to the room soon after arrival, and a recycling section in the garbage container.

The iPad (3G) and $14.95/day we didn’t use as we were just there overnight but it certainly would be very convenient for those from out of town. It was nice to have an iPod docking station.

Great staff; consistently friendly, helpful and professional. The only downside was the scent in the lobby. They’ve been trying this as something new and it was my only complaint as I avoid hotels with scents (I mentioned this to the staff when I was there). Fortunately, there was no scent in the room so once checked in (or out), you can mostly avoid it.

I would definitely recommend the Opus Hotel.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quiet; some rooms have gas fireplaces.
2  Thank Luckyfour
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Luckyfour, we wanted to thank you for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and for taking the time to post your comments. Congratulations once again on your anniversary, we were very pleased to be part of your special occasion. We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed your OPUS experience, especially being in one of our revamped rooms. We're happy to announce that all of our rooms will be completed by April 1st of this year. Hopefully we will get another chance to welcome you back to OPUS, at which time please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I had a great time staying at the Opus. The room was a good size (for an urban hotel) and the bathroom was nice although our room design had the bathroom against the outside of the building meaning the entire wall was a window. So we kept the blinds down the entire stay meaning we essentially had no window in the room. But we didn't spend much time in the room during the day so it wasn't a huge deal.

The staff were all friendly (as are most Canadians we encountered) and helpful. They were able to point us in the right direction, hail cabs, and store our luggage on the day of our check-out. The business center was nice when I needed to print boarding passes.

Best of all, there was an cellular-enabled iPad in the room that we could bring with us as we explored the city. This was invaluable as we are not from Canada (yet) and didn't have cell data to use maps or anything on our phones. So having the iPad was great as we were also looking for future apartments as we're moving there soon.

Luckily I had an iPad case with me to protect the one they provide. Otherwise I would have been too worried about bringing it with us. I'm not sure if they provide cases but if not, it would be a good idea.

1  Thank Justin J
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Justin J, thank you very much for sending along your comments and for choosing OPUS Vancouver. We love the fact that you enjoyed your OPUS experience, along with all of the amazing Canadian hospitality! For your next stay, we do have several iPad cases for guests to use at the front desk, as we definitely encourage people to take them off property and go mobile. Here is wishing you all the best for your upcoming move to our beautiful city, but hopefully we will have another occasion to welcome you back to OPUS in the near future.