“A jewel in the middle of downtown Vancouver”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A great experience; from the friendly valet,smooth check in, clever room design & quality room amenities. The lighting in the hallways, was unique and very practical ( one of many examples of attention paid to details often overlooked in other hotels).
We enjoyed lunch and breakfast at the hotel; despite being surrounded by a great selection of
restaurants in the area. Both meals exceeded our expectations, and we were pleased with the attentive professional service.
We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love love love the Opus. First off, it's simply beautiful. The rooms are gorgeous and the bathroom is really something else - unique but not trendy. Beautiful views with huge windows overlooking the water and Yaletown. Simply awesome. The service is over the top with all these special touches you don't expect (fresh iced water dropped off with special chocolates, glass of bubbly at check in!!) I highly recommend it to anyone who is visiting Vancouver.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Lisa D
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Lisa D, thank you very much for choosing OPUS, and for sending along your comments. We were very happy to read how you loved the complimentary welcome beverage at check in, that we added in as a new amenity for 2012. We will look forward to serving you another welcome beverage upon your return visit in near future!

OPUS Vancouver

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights between Christmas and New year 2013. Everything about this hotel is great, if you like boutique hotels, this is the place. They take care of you, everything from the start of our visit to the checkout was great. They were really good to us and took care of everything we needed. The people in the front were always so friendly and professional, smiling and wanting to help. I even got help in booking a last minute manicure close by. The car was quickly brought out every time we needed to go somewhere, the rooms were really nice and modern. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who values a great experience, very European in the best sense of the word......room service was very good too, breakfast was excellent. Loved it there and would go back. Location is great, you are close to great restaurants and are in a very cool area of the city.

3  Thank Yeugenia K
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a fantastic time at the Opus hotel for new years. Started with a very friendly valet and an easy check in process. The rooms were new age and fun. The location was extremely convenient for cabs and restaurants. Loved the iPads in the rooms and the knock on the door with a fresh ice bucket filled for pre cocktails while getting ready for the night. Will definitely be back!

3  Thank BrentJames855
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed 3 days at the Opus. Very nice boutique hotel in the heart of Yaletown, close to transport (Canada line right outside) and short walk to False Creek Aquabus. Very nice rooms, not many hotels have a gas fire in the room and come complete with iPad for your use during your stay. Staff were helpful and friendly, dinner at La Pentola was a highlight of our trip to Vancouver. Would stay again without question!

Room Tip: Go for a courtyard room if you want a quieter room.
3  Thank Robert C
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear RobertC, we wanted to say thank you very much for choosing OPUS Hotel and for posting you comments. We agree with you that nothing beats having your own personal gas fireplace in your guest room to keep you warm and cozy during those winter nights in Vancouver. Hopefully we will get another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to OPUS!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The trip started on a high with fantastic service beginning with valet parking, checking in and receiving a welcoming cup of spiced cider. I called in prior to my arrival to request a room on a higher floor based on what I had read about the noise level from outside. The staff member on the phone was very accommodating and blocked off a room for us for our arrival. I have absolutely zero complaints about the service as it was excellent from beginning to end.

My issue with the stay squarely lie on the room itself. My girlfriend and I had a queen size bed that came with one pillow that was fairly soft while the other pillows were extremely hard and oversized. I felt like my head was laying on 2 pillows with zero give, stacked on top of one another. We also had a room facing Madison St. which turned out to be terrible for noise on a Saturday night as we heard people talking/laughing/yelling until the typical late hours of a night out. My final gripe with the room was the lack of a privacy curtain for the big window facing Madison St. We only had a see-through curtain and when we were walking along Madison St. it was very easy to see into the room when a light was turned on. Since I had trouble sleeping from the pillows and noise, by the time I was tired enough where those things didn't matter anymore, it was impossible to block out the upcoming sunlight since there wasn't a thicker light blocking curtain.

I really wanted to like my stay at Opus since the staff is so great and the use of an Ipad helped us with planning, but the fact that I was absolutely exhausted from the lack of sleep really made it tough to say I would want to stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 405 facing Madison St. Could hear noise all night from people outside and there wasn...
1  Thank gixx0r

Dear ClintonH, we wanted to thank you for choosing OPUS Hotel and for posting your comments. I was very happy to hear your remarks regarding the excellent service, but wanted to apologize for the poor sleep experience you encountered. Having a proper night sleep is a very important element of every guest stay, and which is why every room comes equipped with a rolling black out blind. To enhance every guest's comfort, we have as well a wide variety of pillows to choose from , ranging in firmness in either foam or feather. Its my hope that you will afford us another opportunity and choose OPUS, at which point if you could contact me directly I will ensure that you have an amazing experience. We will have the pillows of your choice placed in your room, and have the black out curtain set to your preference to ensure a peaceful nights sleep. My email address is ngandossi@opushotel.com or my direct line is 604 694 2102. Thank you again for taking the time to send along your comments and we hope to welcome you back to OPUS in the very near future!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've stayed in the Opus boutique hotel three times and I've been satisfied each visit. The rooms are stylish, clean and comfortable; and the service and Yaletown location are excellent. There are many excellent restaurants nearby (I highly recommend for business or romance the Flying Pig, Rodney's Oyster House and Minami Sushi). All within two blocks of the hotel. The only negative about the hotel is the adjoining restaurant. Fortunately you are in the center of the Yaletown restaurant district. I would also like to make special mention of the amazing coffee shop Artigiano's located next door to the hotel. I was also delighted by the free car service offered by the hotel. The car is a beautiful BMW and the driver on staff is very courteous. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business