“Unique Layout and Some Surprises”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Admittedly, I hated the pink and purple furniture, cushions and chairs with silver bead curtains in the lobby. It looked like a 12 year-olds room without the Justin Beiber posters on the wall. But once inside the rest of the hotel, it was a nice place.

Smallish rooms but comfortable complete with iPad in the room for your use. Fridge included as well as room safe. Quiet in the halls. Nice paint in the rooms. But the bathroom had to be the biggest surprise - closest to the street with full windows. Two types of blinds - sun blinds and blackout blinds. Great rainfall shower. All the amenities and it was 10:45 pm when I discovered why the bathroom was built between the room and the street: to buffer the street noise from the nightclub and the people who hung outside the club until the wee hours of the morning. Bring earplugs - good ones. This is Yaletown.

It's plenty close to most of the happening spots in Vancouver - a few blocks from Granville and a few blocks from the water shuttles that will take you to Granville Island.

Uneventful except for the housekeeper who walked right in with me in my underwear. She claims she knocked but neither my wife nor I heard it. Cafe Artigiano is in the hotel with decent breakfast choices and decent coffee in the morning. Staff was accommodating.

A nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear attitudeguy, we wanted to acknowledge and thank you for choosing OPUS and for taking the time to post your comments. We were happy to hear how you enjoyed your overall experience and found the property unique in its layout. I wanted to apologize though for the unexpected surprise on the account of one our room attendants. We can assure you that there are polices and procedures in place to prevent those type events, which we are reviewing with the entire housekeeping team. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance at ngandossi@opushotel.com, and we will hopefully have another opportunity to welcome you back to OPUS in the very near future!

There are newer reviews for Opus Hotel

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently completed my second stay at the Opus Hotel in Vancouver, BC. The Opus is a boutique hotel of the first order. I travel frequently on business and the experience at the Opus rivals any other place I have stayed. The rooms are well appointed, spotlessly clean, and well serviced by an excellent house keeping staff. The turndown service provides a carafe of cold fresh water and a freshly filled ice bucket. People are what make a good hotel and these folks are the best trained, most polite, most helpful, constantly cheerful, and friendliest group of people I have ever met in a hotel! There is an excellent restaurant on the premises and dozens of excellent eateries throughout the immediate area. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from a Skytrain (subway) station. If you fly into Vancouver take the train from the airport to the front door of the hotel. There is no need to rent a car with the excellent public transportation in this area. If you forgot your umbrella, no problem, ask for one at the front desk and it is yours for the duration of your stay. I have stayed in a number of boutique hotels in my life and this one rates as the number one experience. If you avoid boutiques and stay in the large chain hotels you don't know how wonderful these places can be. The next time you are in Vancouver plan to stay at the Opus!

Room Tip: I try to stay in a room that looks to the south. This is a funky, renovated warehouse area and with...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Patrick N, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and for your feedback on your OPUS experience. We were glad to hear how you took the Canada Line transit system from the airport directly to the hotel. I have timed it myself, taking a mere 22 minutes from ``door to door`, making it a green and convenient way to get to the property. Hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

From the moment we arrived, the entire staff gives you their full attention. Every staff member was extremely pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. The room attendants were also extremely friendly and sincere in their questioning if there was anything else they could do for us. This leads me to believe that the staff are treated well.

The location cannot be beat if you are looking to wine/dine, upscale shopping and being in a safe clean area. Every area is just minutes away due to the central location (Yaletown).

The hotel, rooms, gym including the business area are impeccably clean. I cannot say enough about the staff at this place. They have been trained to set this hotel apart from others.

I would just like to say that I stay in hotels at least four (4) months of the year on business and I find this one to be one of my favourites. I usually stay at the Fairmont's or the Westin's and thought I would give this boutique hotel a try. This place exceeded my expectations and therefore I am going to try other boutique hotels as they have converted my train of thought.

P.S. I rarely take the time to write reviews but in this case, I felt I owe it to the staff and management on a fine job.

2  Thank DTROB

Dear DTROB, we wanted to respond and thank you for choosing OPUS Vancouver, and for then posting your comments. Your remarks regarding our Housekeeping team were simply great to see. We will ensure that the team is acknowledged and recognized for their work! Hopefully, we along with the entire Housekeeping team will get a chance to welcome you back to OPUS in the very near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

If you like boutique hotels then this one is a good choice. So very reasonably priced, well situated in a funky warehouse district that boasts of independant merchants and fabulous restaurants. I especially liked the service and location. The hotel is young and modern and would be suited for someone much younger than my 50+ years. If you want privacy be sure to keep the drapes drawn as you stare right into someone's apartment otherwise. The Hotel has a noisy bar so be sure to ask for a quiet room if you are sensitive to sound.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the street otherwise you can see into someone's apartment.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for a 2 day business trip and was really happy with the hotel. It was very pretty, immaculately clean (maybe brand new?), and had a cool/hip design to it that made it a little more fun than your typical hotel room. Would definitely recommend it and stay there again! Also, the staff was SO nice and helpful and I think I asked about 100 questions since I'd never been to Vancouver before!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The service at the Opus is impeccable, providing all the little details from finding a pair of earplugs (my friend snored) to providing rides across town....not to mention a warm welcome in the evening with turn down service. The funky lounge and lobby always made me feel this is a happening place and fits nicely with the neighborhood.The in suite bar was stacked and the drawers filled with yummy munchies for a late nite snack. My expectations were exceeded in every way and I would recommend the Opus to tourist or a local for a fun getaway. There is nothing like a funky boutique one of a kind hotel to represent Vancouver.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Opus when we were on a date night. We found the hotel to be very clean and modern and the staff very friendly. Great little lounge for drinks in the lobby. There's lots of shopping and restaurant close by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple