“Nice place, not as blown away as price should make me!”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice hotel, great Yaletown location, a bit of a hike to downtown shopping. The rooms themselves are nice, comfy bed, nice decor, well appointed. They even have Ipad's in room for usage, but you have to pay! Lots of chargers for i-devices, digital cable, big tv. The bathrooms were a bit older feeling, lots of subway tile, and all glass showers, which is great, but did feel a bit worked over. there was visible stain on the grout, it just felt a bit old. Excellent L'occitane toiletries, the hotel has lots of nice features, the lobby, the bar, the elevators are all nice looking, staff was very helpful. For the price however, I felt like I would have rather spent the money elsewhere. If you are wanting to not leave the hotel all weekend, it might be great, but if its going to be a room to sleep in, you can likely pay less for a comparable room.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the entrance on Davie street, which has the most street noise I feel. Maybe as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,363)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The place is pretty beat up. The bathrooms are dirty and full of mildew. Disappointed to say the least. When. We checked in you get a complementary bottle of wine. We got to the room, the bottle was half drank and there was 2 dirty wine glasses. The next evening we went to the bar (which is a whole different story. In a nut shell they never mentioned the bar and restraunt were under construction. The one they had downstairs was extremely beat up and ghetto). So my hubby and I went downstairs to get a coup,e drinks. Our total bill was $24. I gave the guy a $3 tip so $27 total. When we checked out our tab (it was charged to the room) was rang up as $47. Super shady! I would NOT reccoemnd this hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear CarolinK, I wanted to firstly pass along our sincere apologies for the various points you mentioned that occurred during your stay with us. I can only tell you how shocking and surprised we were upon reading your feedback. Since opening, we have pride ourselves on our consistency in delivering a high level of service and product, which in turn has reflected in our guest satisfaction ratings. Your comments are being followed up directly with each of the departments respective managers. If you could allow me an opportunity to better understand all the details to ensure everything is corrected. I would very much appreciate any time you may have by contacting me on my direct line of 604.694.2102 or via email at ngandossi@opushotel.com

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A friend recommended Opus, and I took advantage of the 3nights 1 free promotion. The hotel is in a great location to SkyTrain. I had a room facing that side and wasn't terribly noisy. I took my mom for a vacation last week, and the weather was so gorgeous during our stay. Room was restful and turndown service left cute treats on the bed. Loved the iPad (addicting Angry Birds!). You will enjoy L'Occitane toiletries and stocked fridge. Try the complimentary car service, Tobey was the best in staff for me. Urban Fare grocery market is down the street. Piece of heaven...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Many times before, I had been tempted to stay at the Opus in Vancouver, but always went elsewhere because it always seemed a tad expensive. This time, fall specials kicked in on a major travel website and I was much more tempted by the price. But then I went to the hotel's own website and found an even better deal -- the same room rate but with free valet parking and late checkout. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay, except for one real shortcoming (late). The staff was attentive, welcoming and real; the room boasted great design, as expected, plus well-chosen and creative amenities (including an iPad to use in the room, a first for us in any hotel). The only flaw was a pretty serious one -- patrons of a dance club along the hotel's west side who partied and smoked on the street below until 3 a.m. Needless to say, our sleep was fitful at best, a darn shame in an otherwise excellent one-night stay. Word to the wise guest on weekend nights: Request a room on the east side of the hotel. We had requested a quiet room when we made our reservation, but got a room on the west side, only two floors above the Saturday night ruckus. Word to the wise hotel: If such requests cannot be honored, tell guests about that at check-in.

Room Tip: As I said, those who care about sleep should request a room far from the nightclub side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed at Opus and had a wonderful time. The staff was super helpful (thanks Janelle and Nathan!) -- they allowed me to check in a few hours early after I arrived from an international flight. They arranged for my luggage to be delivered to my room once it was ready and I was away from the hotel, exploring the city. They had a bike available for me to borrow (for free!) so I could explore Vancouver via the Seawall. The room was nicely decorated and even had an iPad I could use while I was in town. When I checked out but needed Wi-Fi access to continue working, they gave me a Wi-Fi code and helped me get settled in the lobby while I worked on my computer. I had a delicious cocktail and food in the hotel lobby lounge. I definitely plan on returning to Opus when I'm back in Vancouver and highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vancouver for business or fun!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I recently stayed at The Opus for a business trip to Vancouver. I was welcomed by their amazing staff when I showed up from a long day of travel. They were so welcoming and I was treated fantastically by every staff member from the moment I walked in the door right until the moment I left. The front desk and bellman went over and were so friendly. The location is great- just steps from the Canada Line, the seawall and in the heart of Yaletown's shops and restaurants. The room was beautiful, modern, clean and comfortable. I can confidently say that I am an Opus Hotel Vancouver customer for life!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear MelissaB, thank you very much for your kind remarks regarding your most recent stay with us. We are very happy to see how you loved our location, and how you took advantage of the 22 minute subway trip on the Canada Line to get to the property directly from the airport. Now that you declared that you are an "OPUS Hotel Vancouver customer for life", we will look forward to seeing you again in the very near future!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We arrived at the Opus Hotel on the night of the 3 rd of August, that was two days later than planned and booked. Thanks to delayed and postponed flights with Air Canada we did not depart Dublin until the 3rd instead of departing on the 1st of August. The staff at the Opus were excellent, very attentive, and upgraded us for the two nights because of the hassle we had been through. As we only had the breakfast it was superb and we were really spoilt. We hope to go back to the Opus again as it is a very relaxing hotel plus it is centrally located. My only complaint was the cost of Internet which is $15:85 daily and the day is from morning to evening. ! There was another lovely touch in that there was an iPad provided for our use in the room.

Room Tip: We loved the top floor as the room was very peaceful, relaxing and lots of space. We did not use the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AnnetteW, thank you for your comments and for having chosen OPUS. We are very happy to hear how we were able to assist you, and in turn have you enjoy some extra time in Vancouver due to your change in flight plans. We also wanted to let you know that any guests booking directly with the hotel receive complimentary Wi-Fi for their entire stay. Hopefully we will get the chance to welcome you back soon to OPUS for your next trip to Vancouver!