“Repeat Guest that will continue to return...”
Review of Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel
Ranked #6 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I've stayed at many of the 5-star hotels in Vancouver, and consistently return to the OPUS. The General Manager ensures each Guest enjoys a personal welcome and his frontline team are well trained and hospitable.

The OPUS offers a terrific location and unique room selections. It's the place to go for customer service excellence!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,364)

Reviewed March 17, 2012

The hotel is perfectly situated for us as two of our children live nearby. There are plenty of stores, bars,restaurants with walking distance. The price was competitive with other downtown hotels BUT the staff are far superior. Every staff member I engaged in conversation was intelligent, witty and knowledgeable besides being exceedingly helpful. Not sure it would work with small children but then again they could probably adapt.
It's the only Vancouver hotel I've stayed at (and I've stayed at more than a dozen of them) that I would prefer to return to.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Opus Hotel for the second time and I have to say that each time I have been equally pleased with my stay. First of all, the hotel location is amazing! It's situated right in one of the most beautiful parts of Yaletown with lots of cute stores and restaurants. You will not run short of great places to eat any type of meal at any time of day. The hotel itself is really cute and trendy. One of the other best things about the hotel is the staff. Everyone who works there is extremely friendly and hospitable - I was very pleased with the excellent customer service. I also personally love that the hotel is pet friendly and that dogs are welcome at no extra cost. The rooms are very clean and if you're bringing a dog, they set up the room with a cute mat, stainless steel food and water dishes, and a little dog gift. The rooms have iPads in them, along with iPod docks, fully stocked mini bars, and great high end bathroom products. I have to say that I would hands down much rather stay at the Opus rather than any of the large hotel chains in Vancouver. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Lovely hotel - beautifully appointed - and nicely situated in a trendy area of Vancouver. Very friendly and helpful staff. I was delighted to have access to an in-room IPad which allowed me to download a You Tube yoga workout and enjoy a late night Hatha class in the privacy of my room. Had to pay ~$16 for Internet access, but it was worth it. Would stay again.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Loved staying at the Opus. The hotel is fun and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The cons - it's an energetic fun hotel but if you want something quiet and peaceful this is not the place for you. I traveled with a friend and we stayed in a Superior Deluxe which I believe is their entry level room. With the way the bathrooms are set-up, the shoji screen provided very little privacy. So wouldn't recommend for people who are shy.

Otherwise great hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room on the 3rd floor was loud and above the hotel's very active and fun bar. Maybe higher u...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lennix1776
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Opus Hotel in Vancouver on several occasions (at least 5-6 for weeks at a time), and I can honestly say I've never been disappointed. A classy boutique style hotel, amazing location, and top notch customer service, Opus is truly one of my favourite hotels in all of Canada. Great turn down service at night and attention to detail. Not to mention great bath products from L'Occitane. I will definitely be back very shortly!

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel is fabulous. But don't expect very big rooms.
1  Thank Jai H
Reviewed March 5, 2012

What a great stay I had at this hotel. Great location, very clean, great customer service, staff is amazing and knowledgeable and the best part is it's in the heart of all the foodie restaurants!!! I must say for a pet friendly hotel, they have maintained its cleanliness like no other!!! Loved it and would stay there again for sure!!!

Room Tip: Request for a corner room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CSay
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you very much for choosing OPUS Vancouver and for providing your comments. We're glad you found our service and location to be exceptional. We hope your pet felt the same way as well and enjoyed their OPUS Vancouver experience! We enjoy giving all our furry friends a copy of Modern Dog magazine, a treat, along with a doggy toy to take home. Please reach out to me directly in the future to ensure we look after you and your pooch once again.

Nicholas Gandossi