“Badly in need of Updating!!!”

Executive Hotel Vintage Park
Ranked #48 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel many times over the years but this will be the last time. Our room was tiny, dark, carpet was torn, bathroom sink was rusted at drain, air conditioning was beyond noisy, noise from the streets very noticeable - just generally a totally not pleasant experience in a totally old, dingy room badly in need of updating. The location is good for a lot of things, parking and wi-fi were included but you can do way better.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room since the whole hotel felt out dated and grungy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geminigemini
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We always welcome constructive reviews as we use them to improve, and as a result we have been informed by the owners that they will be doing some renovations in the near future, so we thank you for giving us your feedback. We will see updated bathrooms, larger TV's and improved hallways, as a starting point. While we cannot change the size of the rooms, we can make sure that our guests get into the right room, based on their needs as we have rooms ideal for two, all the way up to suites for families of 6. We will work harder to improve, so you can continue to enjoy the hotel you have known for many years.

Dave WiIkin
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Checked in at 8pm as we just got back from Victoria. Was allocated a room on level 3 facing the street. The noise is unbelievable, not only from the cars passing by, the trucks siren, but also from the air-conditioner. The location itself is also a disappointment. Very glad that we are only staying here for one night, cannot imagine spending more nights here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Amelia-F191
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Front end staff - Great!
Access, Foyer, Parking - Inconvenient and relatively difficult and crowded (you might expect that 'cause it's Vancouver but I've paid less elsewhere in this city and experienced better (much better).
The Room - maybe I should have put this at the TOP of the list....a grave disappointment. Dark, dingy, run-down with a small TV and a smaller bathroom....you know, one of the kinds of bathrooms you'd expect in a small town motel somewhere in the mid-west or the open plains in Saskatchewan. Two people will be arguing before they finish their morning ablutions. If you have another option for hotel in Vancouver at a similar price, I say 'Take it!' (Just saying').

Room Tip: They offer suites. I had other friends sharing a Suite. Just the same thing I'v described abov...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Executive Hotel is a good place to stay to be near Downtown Vancouver. I got the reservation from Expedia and saved alot compared to other hotels in the area. It is not overly close to everything, but if you don't mind a short walk (20min.or less) you can get just about anywhere downtown. They also have bikes available at no charge. The Hotel offers a wine gathering at 5pm which is a nice way to end your day. What keeps the rating down for me is it is dated in decor and the breakfast is very limited to just a couple of items. There is a Tim Horton's just 2 blocks away.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dayee87
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed staying here. The location was close enough for us to walk almost everywhere. The hot tub was great after a day of hiking. Each evening we could go to Sunset Beach. The water taxi was a 10 minute walk and a walk across the bridge brought us to Granville Island, a great little island with a market place where we frequently bought stuff for a picnic. Yaletown, a 5 minute walk, has a lot of night life and restaurants we could afford. 2 other close by streets, Davie and I forget the other had lots of restaurants, too. The staff was very nice. Our room was always ready for us with a bottle of free yuppie water. The room wasn't huge. It would have been nice to have had 2 arm chairs instead of only 1. We spent a little time on the 9th floor veranda for the views. One day it was raining and the hotel desk clerk insisted we take an ample hotel umbrella. We didn't need the A/C, so it was nice and quiet. At the complementary wine tastings, we met people from around the world and drank enough wine to please us. Say Lee sends a hello if you stay there.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 814, far from the ice machine and elevators, very quiet. If you stretched your ne...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Your review of your stay is greatly appreciated and it looks like your were able to enjoy a lot of what Vancouver has to offer. I will pass your comments on to our team as I know they love to read where we have helped make a stay more enjoyable, and I added your suggestion of a second arm chair to our records for consideration during the next renovation. It was great to read that you were able to join us for the wine tasting and meet people from other places. It is my favorite time of the day as we get to know things about everyone and their cultures. We invite all our guests to join us from 5-6pm and have the same experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Dave Wilkin

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was a bit concerned about being right by a major road, but the room was quiet and the large intersection meant no buildings right nearby so a great view (from the 7th floor). Thick towels, wonderful sheets, nice bath products. "business centre" is nonexistent, but excellent wireless and wired access in room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Vancouver is walkable town, so you're never very far away from a nice area, but the Executive Hotel is just a on the edge of being in a sketchy part of the city. Howe, the street on which it's located, is a main road straight down to Canada Place by the water, but the hotel is located just about at the end of Howe, very close to a section of Granville (a parallel street which supposedly is a main attraction for restaurants, etc.) that I found a bit dirty and it was an area where I felt I had to be very aware of my surroundings. The hotel itself is only about 2 blocks away from 2 medicinal pot dispensaries and there were more of the urban "markers" such as homeless people in a world of their own holding very passionate conversations with the air.

The rooms are fine. Nothing special, but not out of the ordinary for an older property in terms of size. The bathroom could use a refurbishment, but it's relatively clean and functional. Free WiFi that has a fairly strong and consistent signal is the biggest perk of the hotel.

My biggest complaint is one that is, unfortunately, not unusual for single travelers, especially women. While waiting for some help at the front desk I listened while the clerk checked in 2 couples (one in front of me and, finally, when he asked another employee to help me, the couple behind me). Both couples were given the choice of rooms with views on top floors and the clerk was very courteous about asking which they would prefer. Me? When I checked in the day before, no choice of room, floor, or view - no courteous questions about what I'd prefer. So, I'm stuck on a middle floor with a view of the freeway overpass and the roof of the crappy building next to the hotel that is filled with garbage and broken equipment. And this is for a "deluxe double room." I'm just surprised I'm not next to an elevator.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for the review of your stay. I apologize if we were not able to offer a choice of rooms at the time of check-in. It does depend on availability and occupancy of the hotel as to whether we can offer options on arrival, although we always do our best when requests are made, based on limitations for the day.
We wholeheartedly agree that it is always advisable to be aware of your surroundings when travelling, especially in unfamiliar areas. It was great to see that you were able to get out and experience diverse things during your stay, and as I hope you found, the people were friendly and welcoming despite some having unusual quirks. We can say with confidence that we live in a very safe city with a huge variety of people that call us home, and we are proud to accept them all. We would look forward to having you join us again, where I hope we can provide more room options to make your stay even more comfortable.

Dave Wilkin