“Good Value affordable hotel close to Grandville Island!”

Executive Hotel Vintage Park
Ranked #50 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
University Place, Washington
“Good Value affordable hotel close to Grandville Island!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights.
Not the greatest hotel but for under $100/night we were very pleased and could live with the minor quality issues.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
We borrowed 2 of the free bikes from the hotel and rode around Stanley Park.
Nice out-door, covered hot tub on the top floor.
Covered secure gated parking was only $10/night under hotel.
Nice central location.
If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton, its not here, but for under $100/night this is a great place to stay.
We would definitely stay again.
PS - We had a great dinner at Sand Bar on Grandville Island.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ChrisBarrett-in-UP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is an older hotel doing a pretty darn respectable job of keeping things up. The lobby decor seems relatively modern, but the hallways are almost a country style decor, a bit strange but nothing wrong. Except for some 90s style tiles in the bathroom, the room decor is quite nice.

I was on the 7th floor and had a nice view through large windows. I stayed in a 1 Queen room, which was quite small by North American standards; the room is a strange shape and I felt like I was in a European hotel. It would have been tight with two people staying in the room with luggage, but it was just fine for one. I even still had enough space to do my workout video in the room! They also had full blackout curtains (that actually closed!) for the large windows, which was a big plus.

I tried to use the open-air hot tub a few times but it was always full (it was spring break so lots of families). I twice saw a person adjusting controls, etc., so it seems well-maintained.

For about $110 a night this place was a bargain. I might pay more for a larger room though.

Pros:
Blackout curtains
Keurig in room
Not a lot of noise from other rooms
Good location
Friendly desk staff, especially Isaac
Night table on both sides of the bed (my pet peeve in many other hotels)
Comfortable bed
Great water pressure in shower, best I've experienced in a hotel in a long time
Free safe in room
Great location close to Stanley Park and downtown

Cons
Small TV (21"?? My monitor is larger than that...)
Small room - but great use of the space!
Close to the ground - occasional sirens and traffic noises were loud
Shower curtain would not stay shut
Safe in room did not work, and after the initial review by the desk staff nobody showed up to actually fix it....I made do by locking my laptop up at work

Room Tip: Suggest paying more for a 2 queen room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kcvdb
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for both the positive and constructive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I have sent the concerns you had to our various departments to correct and greatly appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We are constantly working to ensure your comfort and our team is here to help with whatever your needs. I agree that the 9th floor rooftop area can be popular, especially during spring break, but perhaps while the young people were there, you had an opportunity to join us for the evening wine tasting. Thank you again for your review and should your travels bring you back this way again, I'll be sure to make space in the hot tub for you to enjoy.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This place has the worst lobby staff I've ever come across. Useless and aren't willing to help at all. Room was not ready at check in time. Absolutley never going to stay here again. This is our second visit. Many better options in the downtown area. Location isn't all that great either. Not a whole lot within walking distance.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kyle B
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We are very sorry that you experienced bad service. It is very unusual to hear such a comment as our team is always ready to help. It would be greatly appreciated if you were able to contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get more details to find out what happened during your stay and ensure it does not happen again. Thank you for letting us know of a potential problem.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time. I was put into the same room as last year. I know this because the shower curtain would not stay closed. Last year it only came open a little bit, this year is came open on both ends. The bed side lamp kept sparking when I tried to turn it on and there was not way to change the clock when the time change happened. My friends also mentioned that the hot tub is actually a warm tub as well the shower when I had the curtain secured never got really hot. The Breakfast buffet was worse than last year with whole apples being the only fruit available. The pancakes they offered were really bad. Would it kill them to have grapes or strawberries? You cannot have tea in your room as there is no way to boil water only a pod type coffee maker. On the plus side the beds are comfy as are the robes and towels.
On the plus side the beds are very comfy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank JoLo87
TIENEN
Reviewed March 6, 2014

On our way to our Whistler skivacation we stayed 1 night in this hotel to vistit Vancouver and do some shopping. Good price/quality
+++
good location downtown , close to restaurants, shopping, sightseing,...
very helpfull staff/reception
secured parking
good breakfast buffet
windows : noise coming through

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank PETER D
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been coming here for 14 years and never have been disappointed. The staff is amazing and each time we return we are made to feel like we are coming home. The facilities are clean and nothing is ever a problem if something does need doing. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We usually stay in the condo but the hotel rooms are exceptional as well. Views are amazing on every...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, arriving late after a very long transit from Sydney. Check in was easy and we were told about the spa facilities and breakfast. The twin brothers on the front desk (their names escape me!) were very helpful and knowledgeable with every possible question we had, from recommending somewhere for dinner that night, to organising bike hire and how to get around the city.
I don't know what other reviews are talking about in regards to the rooms being small, we fit 4 adults and baggage (including ski bags) without issue. It was also very quiet despite being on a highway/bridge.
Rooms were clean and standard and it is in a good location, easy to walk into shopping district/Stanley Park etc. What made this hotel stand out for us was the service from people working here and a special shout out goes to Albert who drove us into Gastown and gave us a tour around the area with some history and dinner recommendations! He was hilarious and great fun and even had a good chat with us when we returned from a hockey game later that night :)

Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. I never know quite how to say thank you on behalf of our team when we get comments such as this, but I know everyone from the front desk, bellman, housekeeping and beyond, greatly appreciate hearing how their attitude and demeanor have made your stay a little more special. If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I get the twins mixed up and forget their names. Don't tell them I said that! We look forward to welcoming you again and perhaps seeing you at our evening wine tasting where we can share another chat.