“Wow That's a Small Room”

Executive Hotel Vintage Park
Ranked #51 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in urban city hotels all over the world but I have to say this hotel has to have by far the smallest room I have ever had other than on a cruise ship. I was in a Queen on the 8th floor, the room over all was clean and pleasant but beyond tiny. The afternoon wine tasting was a little awkward as its held in a the front lobby just next to the check in desk half under the stairs. Not exactly a place you want to hang out. The wine was tasty and all from Canada, so that was cool. Most of the staff was fine, competent but not outstanding, until we met Albert! He is wonderful, ask him anything he knows everything about Vancouver. He is friendly and knowledgeable and just all around the kind of outstanding staff member any hotel would dream of having. When I booked the hotel site said there was a courtesy shuttle, well there is a shuttle. Its sitting right out front of the hotel where we can all see it, but it seems that most of the time the hotel does not have a staff member to drive it. We asked for shuttle rides about 6 times and got dropped off to dinner once, oh and they don't pick you back up. The hotel restaurant is pretty empty most of the time, we had breakfast there one morning it was fine, about same quality as the Tim Hourton's up the block. I can't say I would plan to eat at the hotel unless you are starving and/or need something convenient. Just a short walk away is a fun place called the Twisted Fork Bistro give it a try worth the short walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llavone77
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We do offer a variety of rooms from the extremely cozy to the one and two bedroom suites with full kitchens and living rooms. One way we can assist in getting you the right size room at the right price is to contact our reservations at the hotel directly. Sometimes a small intimate room is all that is required as you enjoy the city, other times a larger space to spread out is more conducive, in either case, our team is here to help meet your needs.
I have passed along your kind words to Albert as we could not agree more wholeheartedly that he is an encyclopedia of information regarding the city of Vancouver and can make any stay memorable. We review all our guest comments and thank you for taking time to let us know what we have done correctly and where we can work to improve.

There are newer reviews for Executive Hotel Vintage Park

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at the Executive Hotel Vintage Park for two nights at the end of May. On the plus side the room was quiet, had a Keurig coffee-making machine, and good views. The hotel is in a good location for getting around downtown Vancouver.

On the negative, the beds are small (doubles, not queens) and too hard, there were rips in the furniture that had been glued together, and the exercise facility was shoddy (despite the glorious view!) We expected quality for the price we were paying which was approximately $200/night for a room with two double beds.

Exercise room: The treadmill is so bad it's not possible to run on it, the elliptical is broken and instead of fixing it the sign instructs users to use it "as it is" without being able to adjust intensity. Just weird. (See photo of treadmill and view)

Safety: My keycard stopped working which meant I couldn't take the lift, so I walked down the stairs. I saw first-hand that the hotel stores chairs, tables etc... in fire escapes and other places were there are signs expressly forbidding the storage of any items. (See photo)

Breakfast: Ours was included. If you want hot food you have to pay extra. My companions opted to, I did not. The food was so/so.

That's it! If you can get a good price might as well stay here. But I wouldn't recommend it when there are better options available.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank erin-norge
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.
I was pleased to see that you found our location, Keurig coffee machines, and the view to be favourable components of your stay.

On the downside, I was sorry to see that you experienced a room, and some of our facilities where we are working on repairs.
As well, we do not make a habit of using inappropriate storage areas, but clearly, someone had recently done so, and I appreciate you pointing that out.

We have been working and continue to do so to make necessary repairs in areas where they have become necessary and I would hope that future guests will only experience the positive attributes that you described, and not the negative, as we work to correct any deficiencies and then keep the property maintained as it should be.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I travel to Vancouver 3 or 4 times a year & have always stayed at the Executive Vintage Park on Howe Street. That will not be happening anymore. I had booked in for 6 nights & after the 2nd night, I had to check out & find a new hotel. First of all, there was absolutely no internet, I called down & they said they would check on it, and found that something was down on the 8th floor (my floor), didn't have internet until the next day at noon, and then it was very slow & up & down. The room was very hot & the air conditioner was not working. A maintenance man came up & reset it, and said it was all good - no, it wasn't. It had been 27 in the room & when I checked out the next day, it was still 25!!!! Lamps were falling apart & dirty in the corners of the room. On the plus side, the staff are very friendly, but I will not be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle C
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I cannot begin to express my regret regarding your recent stay with us. As you know from previous visits, this is very much out of the ordinary, and I apologize that our lack of forethought and actions caused you to checkout and find another hotel. I have addressed the issues with our staff to ensure these types of deficiencies do not re-occur in the future, or to have more definitive operational plan for things that cannot be immediately rectified. We will continue to work harder for all our guests and we appreciate the candid comments that will only serve to help us improve services. I hope that we will have the opportunity to prove to you in the future that we are still the place you have enjoyed for so many previous visits.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Loved this hotel! We rented one of the two bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath condo units. The rooms were very clean and a good size. Our suite had a full kitchen, dining area and a living room. The rate was very reasonable. We came to the hotel after exploring Alaska on a land and cruise vacation.
It was so nice to have the suite because we were traveling with another couple. We could relax over coffee in the morning and visit together in the evening. The hotel's security is very good. The hotel staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Every evening there is a wine tasting event with cheese and crackers. The location is great. Close to the main down town area and just a couple of blocks away from the water. There is a wonderful walk way next to the water, perfect for an evening stroll. If we visit Vancouver again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank L R
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

It is wonderful to read that you had a great time here in Vancouver and on your Alaskan Cruise. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of the suite and visit with friends in a comfortable atmosphere after such a trip. I have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to your return visit to Vancouver. Perhaps next time we'll be able to convince you to take a ride along the seawall on one of our complimentary cruiser bikes. Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

-Great staff
-great location
-free bike to roam around downtown or to Stanley park or grandville island (limited, first come first serve)
-room is decent size, clean, nice bed, loved the pillows!
- patio on the 9th floor is amazing!

Overall very comfortable stay

Paid $125+ very well priced!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MsJaimyG
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and had the opportunity to take a bike out into town. Being just two blocks off the seawall makes it very convenient to enjoy such amazing scenery. The 9th floor patio is now open and we thrilled that you enjoyed it. The fireplace in the evening makes it even more special. Thank you for taking time to let travelers know of your experiences.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ExecGMVan, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I spent four nights at the Executive while in Vancouver on business. It is located close to Stanley Park and everything else is a short cab ride away. I was there for a convention so I would have preferred to be closer to the Convention Center. Their free car service never seemed to be available, so don't count on it. Parking there was a bit overpriced but that seems to be everywhere in Vancouver. It was nice to have free WiFi. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The rooms also had good sound proofing, allowing for an undisturbed sleep. The staff were also very courteous and efficient. The only disappointment was the restaurant. The food was under seasoned and overpriced. I had a couple of meals there and I would highly recommend you go elsewhere as Vancouver has so many great dining options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NOSNED

Please accept our gratitude for taking time to post a review of your recent stay. We are currently in the process of changing our restaurant menu and we hope you will find it more to your liking should you return to Vancouver in the future. I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable sleep and that you found our team to be courteous and efficient. The shuttle is a relatively new addition to our operation and we are endeavoring to make it available as much as possible to get you to your downtown destination. We will continue to enhance this service as we progress. Thank you for letting us know where we have succeeded and where we can improve, it is greatly appreciated.